成功索回房租押金!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
My legal name is... I was your tenant at 7 Barrie from August to October.
I am writing to request you to return the remaining part of my deposit that you have not returned to me and the interests.
And I did not hear the explanation why you cashed out my check for the last month (October, 2016) while you had taken my deposit for it on June 28, 2015. I had informed you that I would move out and asked you to destroy the check. I am requesting the reason for this.
You still owe me the remaining deposit of $495.00. You returned me the deposit of only $500.00 on November 21, 2016. You wrote on the check about not owing me, but I also wrote I do not agree.
I am requesting the interests of totally $26.09. The guideline deposit interest rate in 2016 was 2% as according to Landlord and Tenant Board. The interests from August 2015 to July 2016 are $19.90 ($995*2%). The guideline interest rate in 2017 is 1.5%. The interests from August 2016 to June 2017 are =$6.81 ($495*1.5%*11/12). I will request for more interests if the payment will delay further.
Please be aware that I know about my rights under The Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 (RTA), and if I do not receive the money of $526.71 by August 20, I will take this matter to the Landlord and Tenant Board of Social Justice Tribunals Ontario.
The check to me should print my legal name..My current address is ..

Best regards,

The following for your reference are statements from Residential Tenancies Act, and Landlord and Tenant Board.
Does a landlord have to pay interest on a rent deposit?
The landlord must pay the tenant interest on the rent deposit every 12 months. The percent interest is the same as the rent increase guideline that is in effect when the interest payment is due. The guideline is set each year by the Ministry of Housing.
If the landlord does not pay the interest owed to the tenant when it is due, the tenant can:
deduct the interest from a future rent payment, or
file a Tenant Application for a Rebate
Instead of paying the tenant the interest, the landlord can reduce the amount needed to update the rent deposit (so that it equals the current rent) by the amount of interest owed.

Can a landlord collect a rent deposit?
A landlord can collect a rent deposit as long as they ask for it on or before the day that the landlord and tenant enter into the tenancy agreement. The rent deposit cannot be more than one month's rent or the rent for one rental period, whichever is less. For example, if rent payments are made weekly, the deposit cannot be more than one week's rent; if rent payments are made monthly, the deposit cannot be more than one month's rent.
The rent deposit must be used for the rent for the last month before the tenancy ends. It cannot be used for anything else, such as to pay for damages.

最后编辑: 2017-11-14
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
My legal name is... I was your tenant at 7 Barrie from August to October.
I am writing to request you to return the remaining part of my deposit that you have not returned to me and the interests.
And I did not hear the explanation why you cashed out my check for the last month (October, 2016) while you had taken my deposit for it on June 28, 2015. I had informed you that I would move out and asked you to destroy the check. I am requesting the reason for this.
You still own me the remaining deposit of $495.00. You returned me the deposit of only $500.00 on November 21, 2016. You wrote on the check about not owning me, but I also wrote I do not agree.
I am requesting the interests of totally $26.09. The guideline deposit interest rate in 2016 was 2% as according to Landlord and Tenant Board. The interests from August 2015 to July 2016 are $19.90 ($995*2%). The guideline interest rate in 2017 is 1.5%. The interests from August 2016 to June 2017 are =$6.81 ($495*1.5%*11/12). I will request for more interests if the payment will delay further.
Please be aware that I know about my rights under The Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 (RTA), and if I do not receive the money of $526.71 by August 20, I will take this matter to the Landlord and Tenant Board of Social Justice Tribunals Ontario.
The check to me should print my legal name..My current address is ..

Best regards,

The following for your reference are statements from Residential Tenancies Act, and Landlord and Tenant Board.
Does a landlord have to pay interest on a rent deposit?
The landlord must pay the tenant interest on the rent deposit every 12 months. The percent interest is the same as the rent increase guideline that is in effect when the interest payment is due. The guideline is set each year by the Ministry of Housing.
If the landlord does not pay the interest owed to the tenant when it is due, the tenant can:
deduct the interest from a future rent payment, or
file a Tenant Application for a Rebate
Instead of paying the tenant the interest, the landlord can reduce the amount needed to update the rent deposit (so that it equals the current rent) by the amount of interest owed.

Can a landlord collect a rent deposit?
A landlord can collect a rent deposit as long as they ask for it on or before the day that the landlord and tenant enter into the tenancy agreement. The rent deposit cannot be more than one month's rent or the rent for one rental period, whichever is less. For example, if rent payments are made weekly, the deposit cannot be more than one week's rent; if rent payments are made monthly, the deposit cannot be more than one month's rent.
The rent deposit must be used for the rent for the last month before the tenancy ends. It cannot be used for anything else, such as to pay for damages.

真给中国人长脸!:wdb6::wdb9::wdb45::wdb10::wdb32:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
一般你搬走后的2个星期内必须退回押金
他很无耻地发给我墙的照片,其实我搬入就有那些修补的涂抹,我也拍了照。
太能赖了。每次我都提前写支票,他每次都几乎说出国啊啥的,我就一次写几个月。最后一个月支票他也支出了,我差点忘记押金的事。
真是没想到这次退这么利索。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
他很无耻地发给我墙的照片,其实我搬入就有那些修补的涂抹,我也拍了照。
太能赖了。每次我都提前写支票,他每次都几乎说出国啊啥的,我就一次写几个月。最后一个月支票他也支出了,我差点忘记押金的事。
真是没想到这次退这么利索。

干得漂亮!
是正规公司的公寓还是个人的出租房?
我以为就我是被全额退押金,一分钱都没扣,因为我住的很仔细,打扫得比搬进去的时候还干净,当时搬进去后不知道检查哪里有问题,公寓经理也不告诉我哪里有问题,后来看了公寓管理规定后,把经理叫来,挨个给他指出哪里脏,哪里破的,墙上哪里有洞,都补记在合同上,以防他们在我搬走时赖在我头上。
每次要求修东西,我都是email 和text 同时通知,全部书面,没有口头方式。
原来还有你,厉害!:wdb6:

最后编辑: 2017-11-14

考拉不是熊

小猫是我大哥
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
去年搬家后房东扣了我500刀押金,说是清洁和修补费用。拖了快一年了,前几天我就写了个挂号信,连利息算了算,说不给我就上告。过了不到一个月收到了退款支票。都没讲价。太好了。
坚决支持楼主维护自己的合法权益。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
干得漂亮!
是正规公司的公寓还是个人的出租房?
我以为就我是被全额退押金,一分钱都没扣,因为我住的很仔细,打扫得比搬进去的时候还干净,当时搬进去后不知道检查哪里有问题,公寓经理也不告诉我哪里有问题,后来看了公寓管理规定后,把经理叫来,挨个给他指出哪里脏,哪里破的,墙上哪里有洞,都补记在合同上,以防他们在我搬走时赖在我头上。
租客的榜样,进住前仔细检查并拍照,当着房东或管理员指出以前留下的斑迹,证据确凿,让对方找不出日后扣钱的理由。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
是啊,怎么楼主可以忍受整整一年?
他后来不回我信息,不接电话。我快放弃了,就决定写信,自己拖拉了。
其实我住到月中搬家,他可以拒绝退半个月房租。但是他答应了退房租,搬走后又指责我破坏了墙壁,不卫生,这就很无赖了。我租房一个钉都不用的。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
干得漂亮!
是正规公司的公寓还是个人的出租房?

私人的。以前租公司的,没怎么检查。
主要按月付款,他们没有机会扣啊