登陆定居 护照到期更换,上面的美签怎么办?

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
孩子的护照马上要到期更换了,但它上面有个十年美签,还从没去过呢,现在孩子在国内,估计要在国内更换了,听说更换护照时旧的护照会被剪角,如果连有美签的那页也剪角了,美签会不会失效?如果不想重新申请美签,要怎么处理?我想帮他报遗失,领新护照后,如果真去美国的话,两本护照一齐出示,让边境看到旧护照上的美签,告诉他们原来以为遗失 了,补领新的后又找到旧的,不知这样可不可以呢?

梦溪

人生就是一场旅行
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
头一次听说这种情况,一般美国签证时根据你护照的有效期来开的吧。你护照还5年到期,人家就给你开5年的签证。不会给你开10年的。
我先生的情况是这样的,护照还有五年到期的时候,签了美国签证,给了10年的。签了加拿大签证,给了不到五年的。

美国签证不看护照有效期的。加拿大签证是根据护照有效期签发的。

最后编辑: 2015-06-04
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
如果护照签发地不同,旧护照在国内办,新护照在这里办,十年美签在旧护照上,入境美国会有问题吗?看国内网站上,很多人说新旧护照必须保证签发地等其他个人信息完全一致才能这么用。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
在网上查了下官方答案——
https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...y-asked-questions/about-visas-the-basics.html

===========================================================
My old passport has already expired. My visa to travel to the United States is still valid but in my expired passport. Do I need to apply for a new visa with my new passport?

No. If your visa is still valid you can travel to the United States with your two passports, as long as the visa is valid, not damaged, and is the appropriate type of visa required for your principal purpose of travel. (Example: tourist visa, when your principal purpose of travel is tourism). Both passports (the valid and the expired one with the visa) should be from the same country and type (Example: both Uruguayan regular passports, both official passports, etc.). When you arrive at the U.S. port-of-entry (POE, generally an airport or land border) the Customs and Border Protection Immigration Officer will check your visa in the old passport and if s/he decides to admit you into the United States they will stamp your new passport with an admission stamp along with the annotation "VIOPP" (visa in other passport). Do not try to remove the visa from your old passport and stick it into the new valid passport. If you do so, your visa will no longer be valid.