斯坦福 IT

每天背默五句牛津经典短句,让词汇量突破10000

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
1276. Eighty students came to the dance but only seventy-four tickets were collected at the door. Can you account for this discrepancy?

1277. At the budget hearing, there was considerable friction between the supporters and the opponents of higher taxes.

1278. Some business disputes can be settled out of court; others require litigation.

1279. The official antagonized the leader of his own party by accusing him of cowardice.

1280. The vote approving the amendment was far from unanimous; six members dissented.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: 每天背默五句牛津经典短句,让词汇量突破10000

[FONT=宋体]1276[/FONT][FONT=宋体] :[/FONT][FONT=宋体] Eighty students came to the dance but only seventy-four tickets were collected at the door. Can you [/FONT][FONT=宋体]account for[/FONT][FONT=宋体] this [/FONT][FONT=宋体]discrepancy[/FONT][FONT=宋体]?[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]1277[/FONT][FONT=宋体]:[/FONT][FONT=宋体] At the budget hearing, there was [/FONT][FONT=宋体]considerable[/FONT][FONT=宋体]friction[/FONT][FONT=宋体] between the supporters and the opponents of higher taxes.[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]1278[/FONT][FONT=宋体]:[/FONT][FONT=宋体]Some business [/FONT][FONT=宋体]dispute[/FONT][FONT=宋体]s can be settled out of court; others require [/FONT][FONT=宋体]litigation[/FONT][FONT=宋体].[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]1279[/FONT][FONT=宋体]:[/FONT][FONT=宋体]The official [/FONT][FONT=宋体]antagonize[/FONT][FONT=宋体]d the leader of his own party by accusing him of [/FONT][FONT=宋体]cowardice[/FONT][FONT=宋体].[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]1280[/FONT][FONT=宋体]:[/FONT][FONT=宋体] The vote approving the [/FONT][FONT=宋体]amendment[/FONT][FONT=宋体] was far from[/FONT][FONT=宋体] unanimous[/FONT][FONT=宋体]; six ember [/FONT][FONT=宋体]dissent[/FONT][FONT=宋体]ed.[/FONT]

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

1266. The states boarding on the Delaware River have entered into a compact for the sharing of its water.

1267. At first, the union and management were far apart on wages, but they finally came to a compromise.

1268. When I asked my English teacher if I might change my topic, he readily acceded to my request.

1269. The rank of second lieutenant in the army corresponds to that of ensign in the navy.

1270. After our quarrel, my brother and I refused to talk to each other until Mother reconciled us.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

牙齿也开始活跃了,呵呵!注意休息啊,牙痛往往与睡眠不足有关!
你真是神人一个啊,我确实睡眠严重不足,而且最近总是失眠,半夜两三天醒了后就很难入睡了,真是烦人啊!:wdb26::wdb14::wdb12:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

1271. The mayor has banned all lawn sprinkling because of the water shortage. However, if the reservoirs fill up, he may relent somewhat.

1272. Miss Evans knows that Arthur and I can't be on the same committee. We are not compatible.

1273. By bringing up an unrelated matter you are not being consistent with your previous statement that we should stick to our topic.

1274. The teacher halted the alternation by separating the two opponents before they come to blows.

1275. Our party hopes to repair the cleavage in its ranks so that it may present a united front in the coming elections.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

1281. Motorists who disregard traffic regulations eventually become embroiled with the law.

1282. A quarrel over an inheritance estranged the brothers for many years.

1283. When I left, two neighbors were quarreling noisily. When I returned an hour later, they were still wrangling.

1284. It is doubtful whether anyone can make peace between the estranged partners; they have become irreconcilable.

1285. Cynthia is an independent thinker. Her opinions are often at variance with those of the rest of the class.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

1281: Motorists who disregard traffic regulations eventually become embroiled with the law.

1282:A quarrel over an inheritance estranged the brothers for many years.

1283: When I left, two neighbors were quarreling noisily. When I returned an hour later, they were still wrangling.

1284: It is doubtful whether anyone can make peace between the estranged partners; they have become irreconcilable.

1285: Cynthia is an independent thinker. Her opinions are often at variance with those of the rest of the class.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

怎么都销声匿迹了?fish呢?呵呵!水兄的车卖的咋样了?大家的圣诞节都准备的咋样了?我昨天败了好几百,自己犒劳一下自己呵呵!
不好意思,失踪了一周多。最近很不顺,圣诞前失了业,又遭遇四天停电,大部分时间都在茶室打牌,感觉自己好堕落。Anyway,继续前行!:wdb9:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
1286. There is a shelf in our kitchen for pepper, salt, mustard, catsup and other condiments.

1287. I had a second helping and would have taken a third except that I didn’t want to be considered a glutton.

1288. The hikes were so hungry that they devoured the hamburgers as fast as they were served.

1289. On a sultry afternoon you may find a long line of people at the drinking fountain, waiting to slake their thirst.

1290. Never eat wild mushrooms, even though they look edible. They may be poisonous.