斯坦福 IT

让基础职场词汇成为你的“嫡系”(欢迎全程参与互动)

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
英语学了近30年,一直纳闷的是为啥自觉满肚子翻江倒海的词汇,但总在需要用时觉得语屈词穷,近期听了一名教授的授课后顿悟了,一个人英语好不好,尤其是口语和写作,不是看他认识多少词汇,而在于多少词汇成为了他的嫡系,也就是真正记死了,掌握了,用活了。
再过一个月,我将长登多伦多,进入当地职场打拼,半吊子英语肯定不行。为此,我下定决心,从今天起,按计划学习与掌握属于自己的嫡系职场词汇。
选好教材是第一步,经过多方征询及深入调研,我最终选择了剑桥大学出版的business vacaubalary in use.
下面就开始我们的学习,有兴趣的伙伴一起参与,每个专题结束,有个“over to you”,会列出与本章相关的问题,希望大家都能用本章学到的词汇来参与互动,共同提高,让这些简单而有用的词汇成为你的嫡系,助你职场成功一臂之力!!!:wdb9:
2012.5.7. 我们成功完成了全部的篇章,感谢各位的全程参与。
2012.6.18.起,我们开始新的征程,学习职场中可能用到的俚语,这次我选的是McGrawHill出版的American Idioms Dictionary. 有兴趣的伙伴们继续参与哦---

最后编辑: 2012-06-24
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: 让基础职场词汇成为你的“嫡系”(欢迎全程参与互动)

1.work and jobs

[FONT=微软雅黑]A. What do you do?[/FONT]
I work for a large European car maker. I work on car design. In fact, I run the design department and I manage a team of designers: 20 people work under me. It's very interesting. One of my main responsibilities is to make sure that new model designs are finished on time. I'm also in charge of design budgets.
I deal with a lot of different people in the company. I'm responsible for co-ordination between design and production: I work with managers at our manufacturing plants.

B. Word combinations with "work"
If you work or have work, you have a job. But you don't say that someone has a work. Work is also the place where you do your job.

Here are some phrases with "work":
  • Hi, I'm Frank. I work in a bank in New York City. I leave for work at 7.30 every morning.
    [*]I go to work by train and subway.
    [*]I get to/ arrive at work at about nine.
    [*]I'm usually at work till six.
    [*]Luckily, I don't get ill very much so I'm not often off work.
The economy is growing fast and more people are in work than ever before. The percentage of people out of work has fallen to its lowest level for 30 years.

C. Types of job and types of work
  • A full-time job is for the whole of the normal working week; a part-time job is for less time than that.
  • You say that someone works full-time or part-time.
  • A permanent job does not finish after a fixed period; a temporary job finishes after a fixed period.
  • You talk about temporary work and permanent work.

D. Over to you:(请大家用以上学到的词汇互动参与。要让这些词成为“嫡系”,唯有practice!!!)

If you work---
What do you do? What are you in charge of? What are your responsibilities?
What time do you leave for work? How long does it take you to get to work?
What time do you arrive at work? Do you take a lot of time off work?

If you don't work---
What sort of job would you like to do?
What routine would you like to have?

最后编辑: 2012-08-07
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

互动模拟练习:
I work for a well-know nation-owned real-estate company in China. I work on marketing. In fact, I run the marketing department and I manage a team of marketing staff: 10 people work under me. It's very interesting. One of my responsibilities is to make sure that our products, residential projects can meet the requirements of our clients. I'm also in charge of marketing budgets.
I deal with a lot of different people in the company. I am responsible for co-ordination among design, construction and sales department. I work with other department managers at our company.
I usually leave for work at 7 o'clock every morning by my car and arrive at work at about eight. I'm often at work till six. Luckily, I don't get sick very often so I'm seldom off work.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

写得挺好的, 那每个词汇都要自己这样造句么
或者是说按照场景来写段落
都可以,关键是要逼迫自己不断practice,让这些词汇真正成为自己的!我感觉这本教材非常好,动词搭配细部掌握得很好,例句也选得非常好,我们可以充分模仿!不要怕出错,论坛有许多高手可以指导我们的!欢迎参与!