斯坦福 IT

让基础职场词汇成为你的“嫡系”(欢迎全程参与互动)

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: 让基础职场词汇成为你的“嫡系”(欢迎全程参与互动)

[FONT=微软雅黑]6.People and workplaces[/FONT]
Aug 13
My company’s head office is in Beijing, China. We have for sites all over the country. There is more than 1000 staff in my company by the end of 2011. In my opinion, it is better to have different sites with different activities, because we could exchange our information and knowledge conveniently. For example, I work with technical and metal material engineers together, and we work in open-plan office. It is easy for us to communicate with each other. Our leads have their own individual office.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

[FONT=微软雅黑]6.People and workplaces[/FONT]

Aug 13

My company’s head office is in Beijing, China. We have for sites all over the country. There is more than 1000 staff in my company by the end of 2011. In my opinion, it is better to have different sites with different activities, because we could exchange our information and knowledge conveniently. For example, I work with technical and metal material engineers together, and we work in open-plan office. It is easy for us to communicate with each other. Our leads have their own individual office.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
67. as good as one's word
a. obedient to one's promise; dependable in keeping one's promises.
She said she would babysit, and she was as good as her word.

68. as is
a. a state of goods for purchase wherein there may or may not be concealed or unknown defects in the goods.
I purchased this car "as is" and so far, everything has been all right.

69. as it were
a. as one might say; as could be said. (Sometimes used to qualify an assertion that may not sound reasonable.)
He carefully constructed, as it were, a huge submarine sandwich.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

[FONT=宋体]7.The career ladder[/FONT]
Aug 14
Many companies have its performance review to their staff, so does my company. We do it twice a year. As our boss said, it is a good way to stimulate the positive of the employees. He does this in order to increase efficient and profits. However, on the contrary, this may be harmful to somebody’s working enthusiasm.
Our company’s organization was restructured three years ago. The economic crisis forced our company to downsize. Some people are made redundant, but they were given outplacement advice.
In the state-owned enterprise, most people work for one company until they reach retirement. Some people, who have high-level education qualification and ability will work their way up the career ladder, even to the company hierarchy. Few people were demoted unless they resigned or did something wrong.
Our company outsourced many jobs previously done by in-house personnel, such as translating goods, cleaning office and repairing machines.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

[FONT=宋体]7.The career ladder[/FONT]

Aug 14

Many companies have its performance review to their staff, so does my company. We do it twice a year. As our boss said, it is a good way to stimulate the positive of the employees. He does this in order to increase efficient and profits. However, on the contrary, this may be harmful to somebody’s working enthusiasm.
Our company’s organization was restructured three years ago. The economic crisis forced our company to downsize. Some people are made redundant, but they were given outplacement advice.
In the state-owned enterprise, most people work for one company until they reach retirement. Some people, who have high-level education qualification and ability will work their way up the career ladder, even to the company hierarchy. Few people were demoted unless they resigned or did something wrong.
Our company outsourced many jobs previously done by in-house personnel, such as translating goods, cleaning office and repairing machines.
Good job. But pay more attention to your tense.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

[FONT=微软雅黑]8.Problems at work[/FONT]
Aug 15
The working environment in my company is not very good. As you can see, our company is kind of heavy industrial enterprise. Therefore, we are exposed in the hazardous substances, such as: heavy metal powder, radiate ray. We have been wary of the dangerous machinery. One of my colleagues was dead because of that. He was just twenty-five at that time. And we also have to bear the passive smoking because the major of employees in my plant are men.
The production is my company is hot coil. So the temperature in the site is very high, especially in summer. Believe it or not, the highest temperature in somewhere is 60 degree.
Luck, we take some efficient steps to make sure that the factory and site are the safe place to work. We built several fire precautions to keep the fire hazard away. We prepared air-condition and refrigeration to avoid high temperature, and we provide each staff with labor safeguard.
The sex discrimination is popular in this kind of company, which is also called glass ceiling.