小鼠波波

管理成员
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
使用指南:

DORMANT SPRAY GUIDE

1st SPRAYING (MARCH) - DORMANT SPRAY KIT
Use Horticultural Oil and Lime Sulphur in combination. Apply to dormant trees before buds start to grow in Spring.
This is a very important application as it destroys many insect eggs on the bark, overwintering adult insects and
prevents many diseases.
CAUTIONS
Spray in the morning to allow quick drying of the spray. Injury may occur to tree if spray is not completely dry before a
cold night. Do not spray in temperatures below 4°C nor any temperature above 27° C. Only 1 application is
necessary with this combination spray before buds start to swell. Lime Sulphur may be used alone during the growing
season; read instructions carefully before use. Do not spray in windy conditions.
Do not use Horticultural Oil on Sugar Maple, Japanese Maple, Beech, Butternut, Colorado Blue Spruce,
Douglas Fir, Hickory, Holly and Walnut. Horticultural Oil will damage the bark on Empire, Mitsu and Red
Delicious apple trees.
Do not use Lime Sulphur on Apricot. Do Not use Lime Sulphur on Plum trees when they are in leaf.

APPLICATION RATES
Mix 20ml of Horticultural Oil and 40ml of Lime Sulphur in 1 litre of water and spray all bark thoroughly from top to
bottom. Make sure all twigs and crevices in bark are covered.
Other variations of application rates (conversions @ bottom)
20ml Horticultural Oil + 40ml Lime Sulphur in 1 litre of water
3oz. Horticultural Oil + 6oz. Lime Sulphur in 1 gallon of water
500ml Horticultural Oil + 1 litre Lime Sulphur in 25 litres (5 ½ gals. of water)
To use a DIAL-A-SPRAY hose end sprayer, mix 150ml of Horticultural Oil with 300ml of Lime Sulphur. DO NOT ADD
WATER. Set the dial at #60, attach to garden hose and spray.

INSECTS AND DISEASES
The following may be controlled by the application of HORTICULTURAL OIL / LIME SULPHUR COMBINATION
SCALE - Attacks apple, peach, pear, plum & cherry. Tiny insects under scales that cause damage by sucking sap
from the leaves and tender branches of the tree.
MITES -Attack apple, peach, pear, plum, & cherry. spider like insects which siphon sap from leaves, spinning
microscopic webs.
PEAR LEAF BLISTER MITE - Causes dark dead spots and leaves, eventually weakening the trees overall health.
PEAR PSYLLA - Sap sucker, which causes excrement (honeydew) to turn black and sooty. Leaves turn pale with
dead areas, eventually damaging fruit and weakening tree.
APPLE SCAB -A disease that causes dark spots on leaves and fruit. Leaves may droop and the crop may be reduced
the following year.
BLACK KNOT - An extremely infectious disease for Prunus trees causing hard, crusty, black swellings several inches
long on branches and small twigs.
PEACH LEAF CURL - Causes foliage to curl and form reddish blisters on leaves. They eventually turn yellow and
drop, weakening the tree.
POWDERY MILDEW - The white, powdery mildew turns to a brown felt-like coating on foliage, twigs and fruit.
RUST / FUNGUS - Orange spots, later growing into pimple like lesions, that appear on lower leaf surfaces.
ANTHRACNOSE -Affects canes on Raspberries, causing discolouration and cracking of bark, resulting in spoilage of
fruit.
SPUR BLIGHT -A disease which attacks canes of Raspberries. Canes may be weakened and killed overwinter.

• CONVERSIONS:
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml
1 ounce = 30ml
1 gallon = 4.54 litres

小鼠波波

管理成员
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
俺不育苗,伤自尊,就等着普及几月该种啥菜就行,去买现成的,有时候老是错过。

去年生菜种太多了,怎么吃都吃不完,最后当植物欣赏让它自由长。。。:wdb4:

今年主攻丝瓜,兼种些西红柿及少许蔬菜:wdb32:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

去年生菜种太多了,怎么吃都吃不完,最后当植物欣赏让它自由长。。。:wdb4:

今年主攻丝瓜,兼种些西红柿及少许蔬菜:wdb32:
太多了,一家三口有五棵差不离了,这个能摘叶吃,然后再长新叶出来。
丝瓜也不能种多了,那个很能结瓜的,不是很喜欢西红柿,基本没长好过。很喜欢菠菜,可能种的时机不对,出苗率很低,长的也不好。我家里最好的就是韭菜了。现在地里有蒜苗,长的也不错。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
每年2月份就是除掉苹果树或梨树等蛀心虫的最佳时期:wdb32:
您是温哥华的吧,俺们土狼屯现在可是零下二三十度啊,再持续几天,估计虫子自己就冻死了。

小鼠波波

管理成员
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Preparing for a New Year of Fruit Trees

The end of winter is drawing near and my small apple trees will soon begin to leaf out. Before that happens though, I’ll have some work to do to prepare for the upcoming fruit season. We’ve had a few people ask what to do about their fruit trees and how to keep them relatively pest free the organic way. Here are a few tips.

Dormant Spraying
Before your fruit trees begin to green up, you should apply dormant oil to the trunk and branches. Dormant sprays help to prevent (or control) scale, mites, and psylla (found on pear trees). The main purpose of a dormant spray is to kill the overwintering adults and eggs. For my apple and pear trees, I prefer to use Green Earth’s Dormant Spray Kit.

Spring and Summer Insect Control
As the season progresses, more insects will visit your fruit trees in search of food, shelter, and a breeding buddy. If you want relatively blemish-free fruit by the fall, you will have to be diligent in your organic spraying. At the beginning of the season I create a spray calendar and stick to it (weather permitting). Follow the directions on whatever product you choose.

I like to use Green Earth’s Insecticidal Soap. Now that my trees have grown to a substantial size, I prefer to get the bottle with the hose attachment (it really does make it a lot easier).

Spring and Summer Fungal Control
Finally, you’re going to want to protect your trees from fungal attacks, namely scab and powdery mildew. I have been using Green Earth’s Bordo Copper Spray for the job and I have to say, it has worked wonderfully (I also use it on my tomatoes). You can also use Green Earth’s Garden Sulfur to achieve similar results.

When to Spray
As I mentioned earlier, make yourself a calendar and stick to it but most importantly pay attention to the weather which will always trump whatever your calendar says you should be doing. Don’t spray in the rain and don’t spray when temperatures are going to be above 30°C. Rain will wash away anything you’ve applied and the sun’s rays on hot days can easily scorch recently treated leaves. Spray in the mornings to allow the application to dry during the day.

Green Earth Products
You’ll find a whole host of Green Earth products here. I really do believe in these products and have used many of them on my own farm with great success. Check them out for all of your environmentally friendly garden needs.