[评论]这个从母语是英语的新移民 入籍为啥还要考英文?

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
新闻:《这个从母语是英语的新移民 入籍为啥还要考英文?》的相关评论
爱尔兰官方语言就是英语,但爱尔兰人要想获得加拿大永久居民身份,或者入籍加拿大,也要通过英语测试。
据CBC消息,布林(Sinead Breen)2016年3月从爱尔兰来到加拿大,她今年5月通过英语水平考试。虽然得分很高,但她质疑这类考试价值。她说,许多持临时工作签证的爱尔兰年轻人,因无法承担265元考试费,故而推迟申请永久居民身份。
来自爱尔兰的汉尼根(Marina Hannigan)几年前通过测试,现在是永久居民身份,在多伦多市中心做发型师。她说:“测试你的第一语言,这有点可笑。如果你来自英语国家,高中毕业就足以通过考试。”
移民律师梅曼(Guidy Mamann)说,英语国家申请人移民加拿大,应免英语测试。2013年前,申请人可与移民官面谈测试英语,此后改成在线答题。
“这看起来有点官僚,”他说。“显然,我们想要一个客观标准,但必须有些常识。我们在要求发明英语的人,证明他们会说英语。”
加拿大移民、难民及公民部(IRCC)发言人波查普(Carl Beauchamp)拒绝CBC采访,但在一封电邮中说,不管母国使用什么语言,每名申请人都要通过测试。
“为保证一致性和透明度,IRCC要求所有申请人都要通过客观测试,从而证明他们语言能力,”他写道。
该测试的问题由IRCC设计,卑诗大学附属机构Paragon Testing Enterprises负责管理。测试包括听说读写四部分,在线完成大约需要3小时。
责任编辑:岳怡
如果某人是从非英语国家移民到爱尔兰然后获得爱尔兰国籍呢?
没法保证他一定会说英语,更何况区分对待有地域歧视的嫌疑。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
据了解网上申请PR 时,需要提供。如果没有,无法进一步申请。
可能有些工签就不一样,刚问我家菲律宾阿姨,她说她申请住家保姆的时候没有提供任何东西证明她的英语水平。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
真不知道这有啥可抱怨的,“高中毕业就能通过”,可怎么保证申请的都是高中毕业水平啊,英语国家就没有文盲么?不考怎么知道是啥水平?因为负担不起两百多的考试费而推迟申请?这水平除了英语还会点儿别的么?语言都“那么好”了,站街边上要饭也不至于混这么惨吧!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
I just took my exam a couple of weeks ago. As you imply, for native English speakers the challenge is not so much studying the language (which we already know), but studying the test itself (which is foreign to us). I found that the best preparation I could do was simply to take as many practice tests as I could take, which you already seem to be doing. That way I got used to the way the tests feel and the kinds of questions that they usually ask, which I'm sure did a lot to calm me down during my actual exam. So I didn't spend time thinking, "This is all so weird!" Instead, the format already seemed familiar.

I also read as much as I could about the exam's expectations. There are a number of websites geared toward helping non-native speakers take the exam, and while sometimes I found the advice they gave to seem basic or obvious...it really wasn't. It's good to know, for example, that it's probably best to write the essay in really simple 4 or 5 paragraph structure: intro paragraph, a couple of supporting paragraphs with topic sentences, conclusion. Maybe I would've done this anyway (probably I would've), but it's good to know that that's what is expected of you. Do some practice essays and letters and time yourself. Get used to what 150 and 250 words feels like and looks like to write. That'll help you to budget your time so you don't panic and find you've left yourself too little time for a topic. And remember (I often had to remind myself of this, because the writing topics often seem so vague or general): make sure you actually answer the question that is asked! I would be so eager to fill up my essay with enough words that I would find that I had gotten slightly off-topic and had to steer myself back on track.

Overall, remember that you don't have to be perfect. There's lattitude to be able to miss a few questions and still score high enough for CIC. While it was kind of a blow to my pride, because I thought that as an English speaker completely educated in the language I should be able to absolutely ace the test, you can still get below the highest scores and qualify.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
加拿大的法律真的是很变态, 如果是申请英国, 爱尔兰或澳大利亚的移民或入籍, 原国籍是以英语为母语和官方语言的国家都可以免考试.

更奇葩的是加拿大人自己的英语和法语都很烂, 相当于欧洲社会底层没受过教育的人说的英语和法语, 却还要求他们考语言, 真把自己当根葱.

最后编辑: 2017-08-15