建个英语角,一起学英语吧?

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
猪肉炖粉条,大葱照,承蒙错爱,获赞多多。

Time to return your kindness!

Shall we build an English corner and learn English together? Let's share English songs, writings, books, movies, speeches, etc., see if we can help each other out in English study.

Don't be shy and worry about your English not being good enough. No matter how good some of us might be at it, at the end of the day, it's still our second language, which, requires constant practice and learning.

Hopefully, it will attract like minded people and help them to sharpen their language skills, because, as you know, living in an English speaking country, we depend on it for everything!

最后编辑: 2019-11-25
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
刚刚写主贴的时候,温习了一下 etc. 的用法。这是个拉丁文,it is a Latin expression that is used in English to mean "and other similar things", or "and so forth".

这个简短的解释,能够帮助你迅速掌握用法, 它分为用在句子中,和句尾。

"Etc." is used to indicate that only some of the items from a list have been used. Generally, in American English, if "etc." is used in the middle of a sentence, it is followed by a comma. (Tennis, soccer, baseball, etc., are outdoor games.) However, if this word appears at the end of a sentence then the period (which is part of "etc.") serves as the final punctuation mark. It should not be followed by a comma, whether it is daily writing or a research paper. (Being outdoors, we played tennis, soccer, baseball, etc.)

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
我支持,应该有个专版,去那里必须说英文。这样愿意聊英文的有个去处。
That's what I was thinking at first, but then it occurred to me that it might scare people away, so now I'm suggesting that we talk in either language, as long as it's English study related.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
many years ago, i worked far away from home, alone, lonely. A friend recommended Enya to me. Then her songs flowed every conner of my tiny room. her solemn, peaceful and emotional voice comforted my soul...
Oh, she is a goddess! Just a goddess! I simply love her music. So soothing and calming.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
刚刚写主贴的时候,温习了一下 etc. 的用法。这是个拉丁文,it is a Latin expression that is used in English to mean "and other similar things", or "and so forth".

这个简短的解释,能够帮助你迅速掌握用法, 它分为用在句子中,和句尾。

"Etc." is used to indicate that only some of the items from a list have been used. Generally, in American English, if "etc." is used in the middle of a sentence, it is followed by a comma. (Tennis, soccer, baseball, etc., are outdoor games.) However, if this word appears at the end of a sentence then the period (which is part of "etc.") serves as the final punctuation mark. It should not be followed by a comma, whether it is daily writing or a research paper. (Being outdoors, we played tennis, soccer, baseball, etc.)
etc, 以为是来源于法语。。。
经常在法语口语中听到

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
当年初一开始学英语,课文极具时代背景:We wish Chairman Mao a long long life, ect, 后来托人走后门买了一套影印版带塑料唱片的灵格风后才接触到地道的英式英语,当时学英语的动机也就是为了听懂国外的英语广播。今天看来当年的付出还没白费,一切看似偶然。