加拿大家园论坛

Luka Magnotta looking for ‘prince charming': Killer joins dating site that matches prisoners with pe

原文链接:https://forum.iask.ca/threads/762718/

erugigonc : 2015-06-29#1

c

Andrew Seymour, Postmedia News
| June 29, 2015 4:47 PM ET
More from Postmedia News

ScreengrabLuka Magnotta's new dating profile.
Notorious killer Luka Magnotta is a “narcissist” who craves attention and his decision to post a dating profile on a website dedicated to finding pen pals for federal inmates is disturbing, a group that represents Canadian victims of crime said Monday.

In the online posting that went up Sunday, the convicted killer whose crime shocked the nation and left his victim’s family heartbroken, says he is looking for his “prince charming” – a “single white male, 28-38 years of age, white and in shape.”

Magnotta’s wish list includes “one who is loyal, preferably educated, financially and emotionally stable for a long term committed relationship,” according to the profile that was posted to Canadian Inmates Connect Inc.

“If you think you could be my prince charming, send me a detailed letter with at least 2 photos,” the profile continues. “Only those I deem compatible will receive a response. Serious inquiries only please. All unsolicited mail will be discarded.”

If you think you could be my prince charming, send me a detailed letter with at least 2 photos

Magnotta provides the mailing address for Archambault Penitentiary in St-Anne-Des-Plaines, Quebec. Federal inmates don’t have access to the Internet, and Magnotta’s profile was posted after he sent a written application along with the $35 annual fee for the website, according to the website’s owner.

Magnotta was convicted of first-degree murder in December for killing Lin Jun in Montreal in May of 2012, filming himself dismembering the body and then sending the severed hands and feet to the offices of both the Conservative and Liberal Party of Canada in Ottawa and a pair of schools in Vancouver.

Magnotta’s profile includes a pair of photos that appear to have been taken during his days as a model. One photo is a close up that shows him in white shirt with the collar turned up and wearing a necklace. Another smaller and grainier photo shows a smiling Magnotta with his white shirt open to reveal his chest and abdomen.

In the profile, Magnotta describes himself as a single white male, 33, who is 5-foot-11 and 175 lbs. with dark hair and blue eyes.

Handout / THE CANADIAN PRESSLuka Rocco Magnotta is taken by police from a Canadian military plane to a waiting van on Monday, June 18, 2012 in Mirabel, Que.
Under the section where it lists what the offender is convicted of, Magnotta’s profile says “not stated.” Magnotta also lists his expected release date as 2037.

Magnotta is actually serving a life sentence and isn’t eligible for parole for 25 years from the date of his arrest. That means the earliest Magnotta can apply for parole is in 2037, although the odds that he might be released then are slim.

Heidi Illingworth, director of the Ottawa-based Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime, said her heart goes out to Jun’s family.

“Magnotta is a narcissist who craves notoriety so this being printed in the media is giving him the attention he craves,” said Illingworth. “He will be pleased his modeling pictures are being printed in the papers again. He will likely get all sorts of hate mail and even some letters of admiration. It is a sad situation,” she said.