家庭旅馆 国内机票版 海运专栏 房版

美国朋友发来的美丽的故事, 和大家分享

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
A Dads Story

On July 22nd I was in route to Washington , DC for a business trip. It was all so very ordinary, until we landed in Denver for a plane change.

As I collected my belongings from the overhead bin, an announcement was made for Mr.. Lloyd Glenn to see the United Customer Service Representative immediately.

I thought nothing of it until I reached the door to leave the plane and
I heard a gentleman asking every male if he were Mr. Glenn. At this point I knew something was wrong and my heart sunk.

When I got off the plane a solemn-faced young man came toward me and said, 'Mr.Glenn, there is an emergency at your home. I do not know what the emergency is, or who is involved, but I will take you to the phone so you can call the hospital.' My heart was now pounding, but the will to be calm took over. Woodenly, I followed this stranger to the distant telephone where I called the number he gave me for the Mission Hospital My call was put through to the trauma center where I learned that my three-year-old son had
been trapped underneath the automatic garage door for several minutes, and that when my wife had found him he was dead. CPR had been performed by a neighbor, who is a doctor, and t he paramedics had continued the treatment as Brian was transported to the hospital.

By the time of my call, Brian was revived and they believed he would
live, but they did not know how much damage had been done to his brain, nor to his heart. They explained that the door had completely closed on his little sternum right over his heart. He had been severely crushed.

After speaking with the medical staff, my wife sounded worried but not hysterical, and I took comfort in her calmness.

The return flight seemed to last forever, but finally I arrived at the
hospital six hours after the garage door had come down. When I walked into the intensive care unit, nothing could have prepared me to see my little son laying so still on a great big bed with tubes and monitors everywhere.

He was on a respirator. I glanced at my wife who stood and tried to give me a reassuring smile. It all seemed like a terrible dream. I was filled-in with the details and given a guarded prognosis. Brian was going to live, and the preliminary tests indicated that his heart was OK, two miracles in and of themselves. But only time would tell if his brain received any damage.

Throughout the seemingly endless hours, my wife was calm. She felt that Brian would eventually be all right. I hung on to her words and faith like a lifeline. All that night and the next day Brian remained unconscious. It seemed like forever since I had left for my business trip the day before.

Finally at two o'clock that afternoon, our son regained consciousness
and sat up uttering the most beautiful words I have ever heard spoken. He said, 'Daddy hold me' and he reached for me with his little arms.

[TEAR BREAK...smile]

By the next day he was pronounced as having no neurological or physical deficits, and the story of his miraculous survival spread throughout the hospital. You cannot imagine, we took Brian home, we felt a unique reverence for the life and love of our Heavenly Father that comes to those who brush death so closely.

In the days that followed there was a special spirit about our home. Our two older children were much closer to their little brother. My wife and I were much closer to each other, and all of us were very close as a whole family Life took on a less stressful pace. Perspective seemed to be more focused, and balance much easier to gain and maintain. We felt deeply blessed.
Our gratitude was truly profound.

The story is not over (smile)!

Almost a month later to the day of the accident, Brian awoke from his afternoon nap and said, 'Sit down Mommy.... I have something to tell you.'
At this time in his life, Brian usually spoke in small phrases, so to
say a large sentence surprised my wife. She sat down with him on his bed, and he began his sacred and remarkable story.

'Do you remember when I got stuck under the garage door? Well, it was so heavy and it hurt really bad. I called to you, but you couldn't hear me.. I started to cry, but then it hurt too bad. And then the 'birdies' came.'

'The birdies?' my wife asked puzzled.

'Yes,' he replied. 'The birdies made a whooshing sound and flewinto the garage. They took care of me.'

'They did?'

'Yes,' he said. 'One of the birdies came and got you. She came to tell
you
'I got stuck under the door.' A sweet reverent feeling filled theroom.
The spirit was so strong and yet lighter than air. My wife realized that a three-year-old had no concept of death and spirits, so he was referring to the beings who came to him from beyond as 'birdies' because they were up in the air like birds that fly... 'What did the birdies look like?' she asked.

Brian answered, 'They were so beautiful. They were dressed in white, all white. Some of them had green and white. But some of them had on just white.'

'Did they say anything?'

'Yes,' he answered. 'They told me the baby would be allright.'

'The baby?' my wife asked confused.

Brian answered. 'The baby laying on the garage floor.' He went on,'You came out and opened the garage door and ran to the baby. You told the baby to stay and not leave.'

My wife nearly collapsed upon hearing this, for she had indeed gone and knelt beside Brian's body and seeing his crushed chest whispered, 'Don't leave us Brian, please stay if you can.' As she listened to Brian
telling her the words she had spoken, she realized that the spirit had left His body and was looking down from above on this little lifeless form... 'Then what happened?' she asked.

'We went on a trip,' he said, 'far, far away.' He grewagitated trying
to say the things he didn't seem to have the words for. My wife tried to calm and comfort him, and let him know it would be okay. He struggled with wanting to tell something that obviously was very important to him, but finding the words was difficult.

'We flew so fast up in the air. They're so pretty Mommy,' he added.

'And there are lots and lots of birdies.' My wife was stunned. Intoher
mind the sweet comforting spirit enveloped her more soundly, but with an urgency she had never before known. Brian went on to tell her that the'birdies' had told him that he had to come back and tell everyone about the'birdies.'

He said they brought him back to the house and that a big fire truck, and an ambulance were there. A man was bringing the baby out on a white bed and he tried to tell the man that the baby would be okay. The story went on for
an hour.

He taught us that 'birdies' were always with us, but we don't seethem
because we look with our eyes and we don't hear them because we listen with our ears. But they are always there, you can only see them in here (he put his hand over his heart). They whisper the things to help us to do what is right because they love us so much.

Brian continued, stating, 'I have a plan, Mommy. You have a plan..
Daddy has a plan. Everyone has a plan. We must all live our plan and
keep our promises. The birdies help us to do that cause they love us so much.'

In the weeks that followed, he often came to us and told all, or part of it, again and again. Always the story remained the same. The details were never changed or out of order A few times he added further bits of information and clarified the message he had already delivered. It never ceased to amaze us how he could tell such detail an d speak beyond his ability when he talked about his birdies.

Everywhere he went, he told strangers about the 'birdies.'Surprisingly, no one ever looked at him strangely when he did this. Rather, they always got a softened look on their face and smiled. Needless to say, we have not been the same ever since that day, and I pray we never will be.

You have just been sent an Angel to watch over you. Some people come into our lives and quickly go...Some people become friends and stay a while...leaving beautiful footprints on our hearts..... and we are never quite the same be cause we have made a good friend!!

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present! Live and savor every moment...this is not a dress rehearsal! THIS IS A SPECIAL GUARDIAN ANGEL...

I passed this on, not because it says to, but because I hope everyone I send it to, will be as blessed by reading it, as I was. I believe God sends angels to watch over all of His children.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: 美国朋友发来的美丽的故事, 和大家分享

读完全文,很美很动人.

基督教徒常拥有这种信念,笃信God sends angels to watch over all of His children.

此外,在遭逢突如而来的不幸时,又是类似 这样充满爱和信仰的家庭,才容易有难同当.

有兴趣翻译一下吗? 让更多的人欣赏. 俺的文笔实在...

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

一位父亲讲述的故事

7月22日,我正在出差去往华盛顿DC的路途中.一切看上去都很寻常,直到我们在丹佛着陆转机为止.

当我正准备从头顶上的行李箱中取出我的随身行李时,传来了呼叫Mr.. Lloyd Glenn ,让他立即去见全美客户服务代表的通知声.

开始,我也没有多想什么.可是等我走到机舱门边,准备离开飞机时,听到一位先生向每一位男乘客询问是不是格林先生,这时才意识到事情不妙,我的心随之沉了下去.

我下了飞机,一位面色凝重的年轻男士走向我说道:"格林先生,你家出了急事.我不知道到底是什么事,也不知道是谁出了事.不过,我会带你去打电话,这样你就可以直接与医院联系."这时我的心砰砰地跳了起来,但是,最终要镇定的信念还是占了上风.我木无表情地跟随那位陌生人走向长途电话(间),在那里,我按照那位先生所给的号码,给Mission医院打了电话.从那家医院的创伤中心,我得知自己三岁大的儿子被困在自动车库门下达几分钟之久,并且,当我的妻子发现他时,孩子已经停止了呼吸.一位医生邻居曾经对孩子紧急施救,在送往医院的途中,医护人员也没有断了对布瑞安的救助.

及至我打电话时,布瑞安已经恢复了生命体症,大夫们认为,孩子能够存活,但他们对他的脑部和心脏所受创伤的严重程度还不了解.他们解释道:车库自动门在孩子心脏正上方小小的胸骨上完完全全地闭合,导致布瑞安受到了几次严重的撞击.

在同医生交谈过后,我妻子的声音听上去忧伤焦虑,但并没有歇斯底里.我也给予了她以慰藉.

最后编辑: 2008-08-05
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

返家的航程仿佛永无止境,不过事故发生六个小时后,我还是赶到了医院.步入特护病房时,毫无任何心理和思想准备的我,看见自己的小儿子浑身上下插满救生管子,绑缚着各种监控设备,静静地躺在一张巨大的病床上.

孩子在靠呼吸机呼吸.我瞥了一眼妻子,她站在那里,试图向我展示一个宽慰的笑容.这一切看上去就像一场梦魇.妻子向我详细地叙述了所有的经过,给我看了一份措辞谨慎的诊断书.布瑞安看上去能够活下来,并且初步的检查报告显示他的心脏没有问题,这本身就是两项奇迹.然而,只有时间才能证明,他的脑子是否受到了损害.

在整个看来遥遥无期的等待过程中,我的妻子一直保持着镇定.她觉得布瑞安最终一定会完全康复.我与她秉持同样的信念,执着的信念如同生命线一般珍贵.那天晚上和第二天,布瑞安的意识一直没有恢复.自从前一天我出差踏上旅途开始,之后的一切仿佛归于了永恒.

最后,下午两点时,我们的儿子终于恢复了知觉,他坐了起来,嘴里嘟囔着我这辈子所听到过的最美丽的语言.他说:"爹爹抱抱",同时,他的小手臂伸向了我.

最后编辑: 2008-08-05
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

[热泪夺眶而出.....接着是美丽的笑嫣]

第二天,医生宣布,布瑞安不存在神经系统和身体官能的缺损问题.同时,他奇迹般复活的消息不胫而走传遍了整个医院.人们都难以想象,我们把布瑞安带回了家.我们满怀对生命以及天父之恩无可比拟的敬爱.是我们的在天之父,将那些与死神擦肩而过的人们,拯救了回来.

接下来的几天里,我们家沉浸在一种特殊的氛围中.两个大儿子与他们的小弟弟格外地亲腻.妻子和我的关系也特别密切.随着生活节奏的放慢,我们整个家庭更加亲近了.大家看问题的观点似乎更加趋同,人与人之间关系的平衡更容易取得和保持.我们都深感快乐.

由衷的感激之情深如翰海,难以言表.

故事还没有结束(掩不去的笑意盎然)!

事故发生差不多一个月后的一天下午,布瑞安午睡后醒来说道:"坐下,妈妈....我有些事要告诉你."

迄今为止,布瑞安通常还只能说一些短句,因此,这次他脱口而出的长句令他的妈妈备感惊讶.她坐在孩子的床边,而布瑞安,则开始娓娓地叙述他神奇的,妙不可言的故事.

你还记得我被卡在车库下面那时的事吗?好吧,我告诉你,那门实在太沉了,把我的脑袋撞地好厉害啊.我叫你,可是你没听见...我就开始哭,但是那样更疼.然后,"小鸟"就来了.

"小鸟?"妻子不解地问.

"是的,"孩子回答."小鸟们嗖嗖地飞进了车库.它们是来照顾我的."

"它们照顾你了吗?"

"是的,"他说."有一只小鸟找你去了.它飞去告诉你:'我被卡在门下面了'."此时屋里充溢着一种既甜蜜又虔敬的情感.

最后编辑: 2008-08-06
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

感动。。。
爱使我们拥有强大的力量!
谢谢梁溪香榭,加分分

翻译不仅是把意思整明白,关键是还要让人读起来通畅,感人, jenniferlee在翻译上的功底已是炉火纯青!:wdb17::wdb17::wdb17::wdb17:
:wdb17::wdb17::wdb17::wdb17:,加分分

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

心神的感召既那么地巨大强烈,又空灵胜似清风飞扬.我妻子认识到,一个三岁的孩子还不具备对于死亡和灵魂的认识,因此,他把外面那些来救助他的人们,都认作为是"小鸟",因为它们飘荡在空中,形同鸟儿一样...."这些小鸟看上去像什么呢?"她问道.

布瑞安回答,"它们真美丽啊.它们披着白色的羽纱,全白的.有些小鸟穿着绿白相间的衣裳,不过有些小鸟全身都是白色的."

"它们说什么了吗?"

"是的."布瑞安答道."它们告诉我,那个孩子会好起来的."

"那个孩子?"我妻子大惑不解地问.

布瑞安回说,"就是那个躺在车库地板上的孩子."他继续往下说,"你出来了,打开了车库的门,然后向那个孩子跑去.你对那个孩子说,让他就待在那里别动."

我妻子听到这些后几乎都要崩溃了,因为她当时确实是跑向孩子,跪在布瑞安的身边,看着他饱受重创的小胸脯,对孩子耳语,"别扔下我们,布瑞安,只要可能,请一定要活下来."听着孩子向她复述自己曾经说过的话时,我妻子认识到,当时孩子的灵魂业已离开,她飞翔在高空俯瞰着这具奄奄一息的躯体...."后来又发生什么事了呢?"她问.

"我们去旅行了."他说,"去了很远很远的地方."他费劲心思,尝试着解说那些他用语言尚且不足以表达的事.我妻子试图安抚他,令他知道一切都会好的.孩子满怀渴望地挣扎着,力图说出那些对他而言,显而易见是非常重要的东西,然而却发现,他难以用适当的语汇将之表述清楚.

"我们飞得那么地高啊.一切看上去都那么地美丽,"他说.

"小鸟好多好多啊."我妻子闻之大为震惊.她的内心深知灵魂的这种温馨宽慰于人有益无害,然而面对她过去未曾经历的紧迫事件,她不知道这一切意味着什么.布瑞安接着告诉他的妈妈,那些"小鸟"对他说:他必须回家,并且要把"小鸟"的事告诉每一个人.

布瑞安说,小鸟们把他带回了家,一辆救火车和一辆救护车正停在那里.一个男人正将躺在白色床上的那个孩子抬出,而他则试图告诉那个男人:那个孩子没事,会好的.布瑞安的故事持续了一个小时之久.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

布瑞安告诉我们,"小鸟总是和我们在一起的,但是我们看不见它们,因为我们只能用肉眼去看;并且,我们也听不到它们的声音,因为我们只能用自己的耳朵去听.然而它们总在那里,你只能够在这里看见它们(他用手指指心脏的部位).它们在我们的耳畔轻轻地诉说,因着它们爱我们大家至深.

布瑞安继续他的陈述,"我有一个人生计划,妈妈.你有你的人生计划,爹爹也有他的人生计划.每个人都有自己的人生计划.我们必须完全按照我们的计划去做事,而且,我们还应该信守承诺.小鸟们帮助我们这么做,因为它们是那么地爱我们."

在接下来的数周里,布瑞安时常对我们说起他的故事,有时完整,有时只是其中的一部分,一而再,再而三.每次的故事内容都基本相同.故事的细节从来不曾改变,故事的顺序也不曾错乱.有几次,他添加了一些新的内容,廓清了早先所提供信息的脉络.令我们始终惊奇不已的是:在谈论这些小鸟时,他怎么能够超越自己的语言能力,从而如此详尽地描述那些生动的细节.

每到一地,布瑞安就会告诉陌生人们关于"小鸟"的故事.奇怪的是,当他这样做时,并没有人以怪异的眼光去看待他.反之,这些陌生人的脸上,总是呈现出温柔祥和的表情,微微的笑意荡漾其间.自不必再言,从那天之后,我们就再也没有经历过类似的磨折,我祈祷我们永远不要再承受一次那样的苦痛.

上帝为你送来了一位天使,她凌空注视着你.有些人进入了我们的生活,然后又迅速离去...有些人成为了我们的朋友,并且驻足停留了一阵...他们在我们的心灵上刻下了美丽的烙印....我们的心因而雀跃不止,因为我们拥有了好朋友!

昨天已成历史.明天充满神秘.今天则是礼物.这就是之所以"现在"(present)被称为"礼物"(present)的缘故!活着,并且品尝生活的每一瞬间....这并不是一场虚幻的服装秀彩排,这是一只特别的保护天使降临人间....

我把这篇文章转过来,并非因为它如是说,而是因为我希望收到我的转发的每一个人 ,都能如同自己一样,通过阅读它而得到祝福.我笃信上帝送出了天使,以便照拂,守护和关爱他所有的孩子.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

名副其实的才女,鉴定完毕!:wdb10:守法应该发稿费啊!:wdb20:我送上花花先!:wdb17:

谢谢慷慨的鼓励和支持!:wdb19::wdb19::wdb19:

15年前,俺翻译的稿费是50元/千字.今天不知道会到怎样的水平了?:wdb6:

不过,是俺应该给斑竹稿费才对.因为,我昨天苦苦思索不得而知如何翻译的一句话,是受法帮助俺翻的.:wdb17::wdb17::wdb17::wdb19::wdb19::wdb19:因此,俺受益良多.:wdb6::wdb6::wdb6:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

翻译不仅是把意思整明白,关键是还要让人读起来通畅,感人, jenniferlee在翻译上的功底已是炉火纯青!:wdb17::wdb17::wdb17::wdb17:

谢谢啊,俺都被嫩夸得有点不好意思的说!

不过,翻译是一种语言的再加工.所以,文字需要不断推敲,琢磨和润色.俺匆匆翻译的这篇文章,充其量只能说"达意"而已,距离"雅"和"美"的水平,还有相当大的距离.

翻译是一种挑战,俺很稀饭这种挑战.到目前为止,俺对其中个别句子还心存疑问.所以,如果文字中有任何的错误和不妥之处,欢迎大家不吝赐教.