一个洋五毛的故事:在中国遭遇飞机晚点,乘客闹事。。。。。。

C

Cakka

最大赞力
当前赞力
0.00%
http://blogs.forbes.com/ericjackson/2011/06/16/a-chinese-revolt-on-a-plane/

A Chinese Revolt on a Plane

I just got back from a two week trip to China to meet with about a dozen companies. I got to visit the big 4 Tier 1 cities (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen) as well as Hangzhou.

You learn a lot from spending time in a country, meeting its people, studying its culture and history. You hear scuttlebutt. You observe behavior on the street. You see the pace and scale first-hand.

I’ve been critical of Jim Chanos for espousing his bearish Chinese views, when he’s never visited the Mainland. Chanos’ rebuttal has been that he didn’t have to go to Houston to understand Enron. Most smart Chinese I know shake their head at that perspective.

I had an amazing experience last week in Hangzhou that really left an impression on me. I was on an early morning flight to Guangzhou from Hangzhou. We got shuttled out to our plane on time and boarded uneventfully. Then, the captain came on after 20 minutes informing us that there was bad weather both here and in Guangzhou that was going to delay our departure. They’d come back on when they had new information from air traffic control. I wasn’t happy, but, let’s face it, this is a part of life flying these days whether you’re in Beijing or South Bend.

We all read our papers. We listened to our iPods. Some guy behind me kept getting calls on his phone to which Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” ringtone would play.

A couple of updates from the captain came every 45 minutes or so, with no news. Suddenly, at the 3 hour mark of the delay, people started going batty on this plane. Five people at the back stood up and started shouting at the flight attendants. Then 7 people stood up in the mid-section of the plane to do the same.

I don’t speak Mandarin, so I couldn’t understand what they were upset about. But my colleagues traveling with me helped translate.

One guy shouted: “Why would you people be so stupid to board us on the plane when you knew there was going to be this delay?”

Another: “Yes. This is crazy. You always do this to us on flights. You never planned on leaving on time anyway. Why didn’t you let us stay in the terminal?”

Then, one guy started screaming: “You lie. You lie. You lie.” He kept repeating himself for 10 minutes.

A new guy about 5 rows ahead on me in the window seat inexplicably started pounding his fist on the cabin wall. He didn’t say anything. He just kept beating on the plane to display his anger.

One old man than shoved an older flight attendant and other flight attendants started rushing to her assistance. The plane then jerked forward and started driving around the runway with no warning for a good 5 minutes. No one was in their seats with their seat belts for that time. We finally took off 5 minutes later and the anger dissipated as quickly as it came.

I asked my Chinese friends how to make sense of it. Back in the US, I think I’ve sat on flights out on the runway for a good 5 hours and no one except the crying babies says boo. They told me that these kinds out public outbursts are pretty common in China. They thought maybe some of the agitated people were smokers having a nic fit. But even they calmed down as soon as the plane took off.

My friends shrugged their shoulders: “This kind of stuff happens all the time here.” I was so taken aback I pulled out my iPhone to try and video the events. See below for what I captured before a flight attendant grabbed my phone out of my hands and turned it off.

The whole episode left me with a sobering thought: God help the Chinese authorities if these folks ever got really upset about food prices or jobs or providing for their families. If provoked, the Chinese would be up in arms about 50 times sooner than any American. When you hear about the Chinese government wanting to ensure there is “social stability” or “social harmony,” what they’re really talking about is keeping these folks that were on my Guangzhou flight subdued and happy.

Perhaps that’s why the government has cracked down so hard first on housing prices and now food prices. They are bound and determined to keep the economy growing and providing opportunities for the most people across the entire economy. If they don’t, they know that they will be the target of their citizens’ ire.

Meanwhile, back in America, whether unemployment hits 10% or not, we’ll keep watching QVC and eating our Double Down Sandwiches. Who has time to get upset?

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: 一个洋五毛的故事:在中国遭遇飞机晚点,乘客闹事。。。。。。

有文化的问题,法制的问题。
有些事情确实很难解释的。大家飞机还是乘的少。

小和尚

最大赞力
当前赞力
0.00%

银行排队稍长也会骂窗口人员。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

再给点茗竹。。。。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

09年上海两个机场走过11次国内航班,8次被诓上飞机才通知流量管制,坐等1-2个小时,最长一次坐了超过3个小时。10年上海飞7次,6次同样情况。因为等待时间长,机舱空调都是开一会儿关一会儿,夏天30几度密闭空间里100多人,看你上火不上火?
国外根本不会发生这种蓄意的甚至是恶意的欺诈行为,偶尔遇到一两次也就是等上20分钟半个小时。国外如果碰到这种情况,一投诉航空公司马上会给里程或者代金券赔偿,国内你投诉,最近南航那个机长的回答已经很明确了:傻B,跟国企斗?

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

09年上海两个机场走过11次国内航班,8次被诓上飞机才通知流量管制,坐等1-2个小时,最长一次坐了超过3个小时。10年上海飞7次,6次同样情况。因为等待时间长,机舱空调都是开一会儿关一会儿,夏天30几度密闭空间里100多人,看你上火不上火?
国外根本不会发生这种蓄意的甚至是恶意的欺诈行为,偶尔遇到一两次也就是等上20分钟半个小时。国外如果碰到这种情况,一投诉航空公司马上会给里程或者代金券赔偿,国内你投诉,最近南航那个机长的回答已经很明确了:傻B,跟国企斗?

好像是有个航班正点率的考核指标,准时关门就是了。否则航空公司也不会傻到这程度。
中国的空管水平稍微弱点。
不过安全还是第一位的。
所以,高铁还是有钱途的。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

好像是有个航班正点率的考核指标,准时关门就是了。否则航空公司也不会傻到这程度。
中国的空管水平稍微弱点。
不过安全还是第一位的。
所以,高铁还是有钱途的。

为个指标让大家遭罪?明明就是delay,乘客管你什么原因

中国的空管水平绝对不低,随便就可以“让领导先飞”,天上的飞机都能给叫下来接“要客”
@雾满拦江 较真:龙永图演讲说:有次他从武汉去北京,没有航班,就将一架深圳飞北京的客机降下来,让龙永图登机。可是没想到,飞机上的乘客堵住不许上,说飞机谎称故 障降落,实际上却是接人,这样做不对。双方吵了好久。事后龙永图总结说:如果降下来的飞机是长沙飞北京,就没事了,深圳的乘客懂法律,很较真……

买头等舱因为“要客”乘客必须让座:
http://www.xici.net/d147938694.htm

飞国内航班去看看一飞机100多人,能有80多个金卡白金卡,CNMD蛋,老百姓都是真金白银飞出来的,人大代表,政协委员,局以上领导都免费发金卡,我就cao,国企真牛,神奇的国度

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

不懂英文的飘过~~~~~~~~

布什他哥

最大赞力
当前赞力
0.00%

深圳算得上一线城市?BIG 4?