[葵花盛开在Montreal的日子]分享我在加拿大写的第一封求职信

葵花法律sunflower

葵花付英律师
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
  最近学到了好多东西,琢磨了 Employ ability Roadmap & Resources, 接着Labour Standards in Quebec, Canadian culture at Work, 再接着CVs & Cover letters,再次领教到了学海无涯,书到用时方恨少!

文化融入的过程酸甜苦辣,充满刺激。不管怎样,终于完成了自己在加拿大的第一封求职信,心里是美滋滋的。发上来,分享吧。

Madam, Sir,

It is with humility and great enthusiasm that I am writing to you today. I have been working as a lawyer in Beijing, China for 20 years, and came to Montreal as a landed immigrant in 2012. With my background and the expertise that I have acquired overseas, I would be extremely interested in interviewing for a job as a legal consultant on China with XXX Law Firm. I aspire to become an innovative, integral part of your firm’s outstanding record bridging business between Canada and China.

Over the past twenty years, I have worked as a legal consultant for several Chinese government departments and ministerial offices, large private enterprises, publishing groups, and so on. I have a rich and diversified experience ranging from dealing with senior government officials’ major graft and bribery cases, to handling entrepreneurs gang-related cases and copyright disputes. In recent years, I have also maximized my resources to influence the outcome of significant legal episodes.

In 2004, I envisioned and initiated one of the most visited legal websites in China, “Sun flower Law net” . It has since become one of the most well-known legal forums in the country, with 2,812,000 registered members. This website is a platform for legal education, academic discussion and legal practice. It was granted number one education site of the top 100 Chinese BBS and the Number three of the top 10 Chinese law websites. In particular, the forum is host to many senior lawyers, judges and law school teachers from China, Canada and the United States who conduct lectures. As such, this website is a reference for law students from all around the world.

Since 2005, I have often been asked to participate in television programs across China, acting as a legal expert by sharing nationwide my legal expertise, opinions and key insights, on the social repercussions of various judicial decisions. Some of these interviews are broadcast on Phoenix Satellite Television, CCTV, Shenzhen Satellite Television, Hunan Satellite Television, and Yunnan Satellite Television.

I have published/co-authored 21 books in the Sunflower Legal Series. Among them, 13 books have been reprinted or republished every year in the past decade. I also contributed from 2003 to 2005 to a weekly column for the People’s Court Daily and the Procuratorial Daily Newspaper, which are two well-known legal newspapers in China.

I am convinced I have the capability and certainly the potential to be a good fit in XXX Law Firm’s innovative environment. With my educational background, work experience and various publications, I am confident that I could be an active, open-minded and useful consultant on Chinese laws and regulation environment.

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your consideration of my application, and I look forward to your favorable reply.

Yours sincerely,

Ying Fu

[葵花盛开在Montreal的日子]关注和了解活着的聂树斌——“福建念斌冤案”向两会代表致信 第55页1084楼
http://forum.iask.ca/showthread.php?p=9818997#post9818997

葵花法律sunflower

葵花付英律师
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: [葵花盛开在Montreal的日子]分享我在加拿大写的第一封求职

弱弱的说一句,求职信短点比较好。。。长篇大论雇主没耐心看的

呵呵,你的意见非常正确!小四号字,一页半左右。理论上,针对素昧平生的雇主,原则上分两部分,一份简短的COVER LETTER,另一份为细致的简历存为附件。针对有内线推荐的雇主,一页半纸,他应该有足够的耐心。实话实说,二十多年的工作经历,在一页内完成描述,作业太难。:wdb6:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

楼主能力很强,信写的很好。上移民接待课的时候,老师说不要把太具体工作经验写到信中。信上面主要写一些宏观的和个人主观能动性的东西,并且要给以招聘人员去看具体CV的动力。最好再加上法语,展示双语能力。个人意见,仅供参考。祝楼主在蒙城事业成功!!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

"I am convinced I have the capability and certainly the potential to be a good fit in XXX Law Firm’s innovative environment."

这段开头感觉不太妥,看信的人心想,你convinced有啥用,得我convinced才成啊。建议改成I am confident.

祝好运。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

葵花,你的工作能力绝对是雷人的。但是北美求职文化有很深的学问。发CV和COVER LETTER之前一定要找英语是母语的职业顾问修改。
既然你在这边有业内的朋友,最好把这个给业内的中国和本地的朋友看看,听取他们的建议。
另外,有两个网站上的信息你可以参考
1. Indeed.ca: 你可以选页面左上角的 Find resumes, 然后输入 legal, montreal。这样可以看到在你行业内的其他人的求职简历作参考。
http://www.indeed.com/r/Alex-Georgescu/ca5c6bf450406286?sp=0

2. LinkedIn: 下面这个律师(Cathie St-Germain)的profile 你可以看Summary 部分她是怎样简洁介绍自己的专业背景和能力的。她的专攻领域与你不同,仅作参考。
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...098718,VSRPtargetId:46455672,VSRPcmpt:primary

Best to you!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

一点小建议:LZ能否换个头像?可能我毛病太多,总觉得这个头像看着不舒服,太夸张
有些道理,这边崇尚低调内敛的外表以增加其亲和力。红道黑道一个个杀人不眨眼的家伙都是笑容可掬的。
LZ 牛人,新移民,写出这个东西来不容易。句型还要多些变化,给人阅读快感。
LS 的网络丽丽给的建议最有价值。针对不同职位,模仿10封信,基本就摸清套路,像模像样了。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

哈哈,楼上的翻译真好,我还在想网络丽丽是谁。

AVANTAR 上面的建议很不错,LZ可以看看LINKED IN 上面西人的职业照片(找那些在大银行,大律师行的,因为他们有专业人士作摄影设计)作参考。

律师在加国是要注册的(你要按他们的思维来写COVER LETTER),所以雇主会先看你是不是注册律师。如果你在中国还是注册的STATUS,在COVER LETTER 上要写明注册的字样,及与哪个协会。如上面作例子的那个律师,在BARREAUX DU QUEBEC 注册。

joesir

挖煤挖矿,骑牛赶熊
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

葵花,你的工作能力绝对是雷人的。但是北美求职文化有很深的学问。发CV和COVER LETTER之前一定要找英语是母语的职业顾问修改。
既然你在这边有业内的朋友,最好把这个给业内的中国和本地的朋友看看,听取他们的建议。
另外,有两个网站上的信息你可以参考
1. Indeed.ca: 你可以选页面左上角的 Find resumes, 然后输入 legal, montreal。这样可以看到在你行业内的其他人的求职简历作参考。
http://www.indeed.com/r/Alex-Georgescu/ca5c6bf450406286?sp=0

这些连接很有用:wdb10:

2. LinkedIn: 下面这个律师(Cathie St-Germain)的profile 你可以看Summary 部分她是怎样简洁介绍自己的专业背景和能力的。她的专攻领域与你不同,仅作参考。
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...098718,VSRPtargetId:46455672,VSRPcmpt:primary

Best to you!

葵花法律sunflower

葵花付英律师
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

写的真好,看着就想录用你了哈哈

:wdb6:世界很大,世界太小!真能与人生悠悠乐陪伴工作一生,定是福气!

葵花法律sunflower

葵花付英律师
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

楼主能力很强,信写的很好。上移民接待课的时候,老师说不要把太具体工作经验写到信中。信上面主要写一些宏观的和个人主观能动性的东西,并且要给以招聘人员去看具体CV的动力。最好再加上法语,展示双语能力。个人意见,仅供参考。祝楼主在蒙城事业成功!!

受教啦!呜呜大哭两声,法语斗大的字就识几颗:wdb14:I promise that I will begin to study French in September.

葵花法律sunflower

葵花付英律师
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

哈哈,本贴下文太多,看来Mark很有必要。:wdb26:

葵花法律sunflower

葵花付英律师
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%