当前赞力
100.00%
回复: COOP会员卡返现上当受骗记

哈 我只信无条件返现金的信用卡

主要是COOP家的油性价比确实不错,所以才办了他们的会员卡并固定在那加油。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
俺就第一天刚来时在CO-OP 买过一次东西, 以后再没买过, 总觉得那里东西贵的不顺眼。。。。:wdb12:。而且商店东西品类有限 。。不喜欢。 :wdb12:。俺也不在乎他的reward ....:wdb12:。。。。

有那么多别的商店来选择。。。。去那里干嘛。。。:wdb22:

Michelle Libra

流金歲月 感恩惜福
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
俺就第一天刚来时在CO-OP 买过一次东西, 以后再没买过, 总觉得那里东西贵的不顺眼。。。。:wdb12:。而且商店东西品类有限 。。不喜欢。 :wdb12:。俺也不在乎他的reward ....:wdb12:。。。。

有那么多别的商店来选择。。。。去那里干嘛。。。:wdb22:
Lots are produced locally, not from USA. The food from USA usually is much cheaper. As imported by big companies, lots unhealthy ingredients and gmo stuff.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Lots are produced locally, not from USA. The food from USA usually is much cheaper. As imported by big companies, lots unhealthy ingredients and gmo stuff.
看来co-op 大部分都是加拿大本地产的。。。难怪商店不是很大的。。。说到healthy food, 实际经常买些天然有机的食物会更健康, 加拿大有的食物也受美国的影响having unhealthy ingredients and gmo stuff

Michelle Libra

流金歲月 感恩惜福
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
说到healthy food, 实际经常买些天然有机的食物会更健康, 加拿大有的食物也受美国的影响having unhealthy ingredients and gmo stuff
Yes, some Canadian farmers are affected by US big corporations but way much less than the numbers down in the states. On the other hand, how do you know those so-called organic food is actually produced in a "natural" way? There is NO ORGANIC definition in the law, my dear. Especially in the USA, there is NO law to regulate these food. We started this debate long before 2011 when I joined in the Conservative Party of Canada. Our farmers (BC, AB and SK farmers groups) are very concerned about the US big corps influence and we have to fight very hard to get things moving forward (unfortunately we just made a little progress and add the Food Security into our policy after a big fight within the party; after that, the attack to the CPC and Canadian gov't becomes even worse now. The smear campaign still continues and getting worse. The US corp funded organizations and activists are all over us. )

Theoretically, food imported from USA should be more expensive than the local food because of the expensive transportation as gas price is always going up. How could these things are even cheaper than those made in Canada?

I support the local food because I want the local farmers to survive when they have to compete with the big corporations in the states. Also I am more confident in the way they produce their food because I can visit those farms and watch them. But I have no way to reach the states and find out where those things are from.

Actually in my area, lots farmers have organic farms supplying co-op. I don't know how your local co-op does (Every Co-op in Canada is independent from each other). But my local Co-op is organized & sponsored by all local farmers and local residents only. We have an AGM every year and vote the board directors to take care of the store management.
I know most co-op directors in our area -- some are our school teachers, some are local farmers, some are the small business owners and a couple are local students. Anyone with a co-op membership can participate the voting process; if your membership is over 2 years, you can be a candidate of the election and get yourself elected to be a board director. Then you actually can participate the food supply process.

最后编辑: 2014-05-04

Michelle Libra

流金歲月 感恩惜福
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
It is a sad but true fact --- the local farmers are confronting worse situation now. More and more people quit farming.

My Edmonton friends came to visit me. They were surprised to see that our Co-op prices are much lower than the city's. Also the meat tastes so good and they were really thinking of their city policies.

Again, Calgary friends found out they don't have farmers market in the city centre and they are requesting the city council to do it.
The cities should provided a public spot for Farmers' Market -- give them free access and let them sell their products!

I love our farmers market. You get home made honey, free ranch chicken eggs, veggies, good meat and everything else. Way much better than those you bought from super markets. We always get business cards from those farmers. Then place phone orders and they will deliver it to home. Very sweet. The only issue is you have to pay in cash, no debit card or credit card.

We are not big share holders and we cannot have a say on the super markets, but we still can do something for ourselves and our neighbors. We always can go to the city council and ask them to support the farmers --- let them come in to sell their products and charge them less fees/tax.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Yes, some Canadian farmers are affected by US big corporations but way much less than the numbers down in the states. On the other hand, how do you know those so-called organic food is actually produced in a "natural" way? There is NO ORGANIC definition in the law, my dear. Especially in the USA, there is NO law to regulate these food. We started this debate long before 2011 when I joined in the Conservative Party of Canada. Our farmers (BC, AB and SK farmers groups) are very concerned about the US big corps influence and we have to fight very hard to get things moving forward (unfortunately we just made a little progress and add the Food Security into our policy after a big fight within the party; after that, the attack to the CPC and Canadian gov't becomes even worse now. The smear campaign still continues and getting worse. The US corp funded organizations and activists are all over us. )

Theoretically, food imported from USA should be more expensive than the local food because of the expensive transportation as gas price is always going up. How could these things are even cheaper than those made in Canada?

I support the local food because I want the local farmers to survive when they have to compete with the big corporations in the states. Also I am more confident in the way they produce their food because I can visit those farms and watch them. But I have no way to reach the states and find out where those things are from.

Actually in my area, lots farmers have organic farms supplying co-op. I don't know how your local co-op does (Every Co-op in Canada is independent from each other). But my local Co-op is organized & sponsored by all local farmers and local residents only. We have an AGM every year and vote the board directors to take care of the store management.
I know most co-op directors in our area -- some are our school teachers, some are local farmers, some are the small business owners and a couple are local students. Anyone with a co-op membership can participate the voting process; if your membership is over 2 years, you can be a candidate of the election and get yourself elected to be a board director. Then you actually can participate the food supply process.

我经常买有机或者天然的食物, 虽然·On the other hand, how do you know those so-called organic food is actually produced in a "natural" way? There is NO ORGANIC definition in the law,‘ 但是我感觉有机食物味道尝起来也比一般食物蔬菜等的好多了。。。。

最后编辑: 2014-05-04
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
It is a sad but true fact --- the local farmers are confronting worse situation now. More and more people quit farming.

My Edmonton friends came to visit me. They were surprised to see that our Co-op prices are much lower than the city's. Also the meat tastes so good and they were really thinking of their city policies.

Again, Calgary friends found out they don't have farmers market in the city centre and they are requesting the city council to do it.
The cities should provided a public spot for Farmers' Market -- give them free access and let them sell their products!

I love our farmers market. You get home made honey, free ranch chicken eggs, veggies, good meat and everything else. Way much better than those you bought from super markets. We always get business cards from those farmers. Then place phone orders and they will deliver it to home. Very sweet. The only issue is you have to pay in cash, no debit card or credit card.

We are not big share holders and we cannot have a say on the super markets, but we still can do something for ourselves and our neighbors. We always can go to the city council and ask them to support the farmers --- let them come in to sell their products and charge them less fees/tax.
farmer market 多伦多也有的,(我不知道卡尔加里有没有。)。。 我也去过, 东西是非常新鲜的,还见过一次鸵鸟蛋。。farmer market 的东西实际上说句实话就是home-made, 但是价格确实不便宜。。。而且只收现金。。。
我原来的本地朋友经常给我带些他们自己家乡做的食物, 糖浆, 果酱, 甜品,红酒, 味道相当不错。。。
当然home-made food 健康的。。。

Michelle Libra

流金歲月 感恩惜福
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
我经常买有机或者天然的食物, 虽然·On the other hand, how do you know those so-called organic food is actually produced in a "natural" way? There is NO ORGANIC definition in the law,‘ 但是我感觉有机食物味道常起来也比一般食物蔬菜等的好多了。。。。
Some organic food is good, and some are faked. I have a few local farmers are operating organic farms. Lots are sent to BC, and Ontario

Michelle Libra

流金歲月 感恩惜福
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
farmer market 多伦多也有的,(我不知道卡尔加里有没有。)。。 我也去过, 东西是非常新鲜的,还见过一次鸵鸟蛋。。farmer market 的东西实际上说句实话就是home-made, 但是价格确实不便宜。。。而且只收现金。。。
我原来的本地朋友经常给我带些他们自己家乡做的食物, 糖浆, 果酱, 甜品,红酒, 味道相当不错。。。
当然home-made food 健康的。。。
Calgary have some farmer markets but not enough. Mostly are a bit hard to reach by public transit.
Edmonton have a lot and those are doing better than in Calgary.
The local gov't charge them fees for selling there and that's why they are expensive. I think this fee should be waived.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Calgary have some farmer markets but not enough. Mostly are a bit hard to reach by public transit.
Edmonton have a lot and those are doing better than in Calgary.
The local gov't charge them fees for selling there and that's why they are expensive. I think this fee should be waived.
而且如果能够用信用卡付就更好了。。。