xl

A tale of two lives
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
这是一篇刊登在加拿大电信报上的读者来信,它反映出一个普通加拿大人游不起加拿大的无奈和困惑。

Why is travel so expensive in Canada?

©DepositPhotos/Matej Kastelic

I’ll never fathom why it’s so expensive to travel from province to province in Canada but in Europe you can travel county to county for minimal pounds.

I know of many people who haven’t even been on a plane in their lives, most likely due to the high costs. It’s almost the same price for us to travel to Florida as it is for the price we travel to Newfoundland, maybe even cheaper most times.

I would love to visit out West, but because of the prices, I may have to wait until I retire. I believe it’s every Canadian’s right and privilege to visit all of ‘our home and native’ land. There have been good specials and deals over the years, but nothing compared to Europe prices. We, as a free country and for all the taxes we pay, should be entitled to travel around Canada.

To see the Rocky Mountains and Jasper National Park would be breathtaking, plus the Calgary Stampede would be exhilarating, to name a few. For those who haven’t been yet, Terra Nova Park in Newfoundland is a hiker’s dream. I love this description from ‘Places to Go: Newfoundland and Labrador’ — “Imagine a place where inlets of the North Atlantic Ocean meet the boreal forest of central Newfoundland. Where rocky cliffs provide shelter from a tempestuous sea, only to merge inland into rolling green hills, bogs and ponds.”

When the Wright Brothers made their first successful airplane fly in 1903, I’m sure they trusted that air travel would be enjoyed by most in the distant future.

I shouldn’t complain about our wonderful country as we have it so much better than most; but for someone who would travel more than once a year to see my Newfoundland family, this is a bit of a burr in my saddle.
(段落可能有删减)

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
很多人都没弄明白文里想说的是什么。在发达国家里,加拿大的航空业垄断是最严重的,导致票价奇高。这里影响的不仅是需要出行的旅客被迫支付高费用,更大的影响是人员的流动受到抑制,对经济甚至是国民的国家认同感都有很大影响。不了解情况的可以查查同样4000多公里的航程,伦敦-雅典;悉尼-珀斯;洛杉矶-纽约这些航线的价格,和多伦多-温哥华的价格对比一下会明白了。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
很多人都没弄明白文里想说的是什么。在发达国家里,加拿大的航空业垄断是最严重的,导致票价奇高。这里影响的不仅是需要出行的旅客被迫支付高费用,更大的影响是人员的流动受到抑制,对经济甚至是国民的国家认同感都有很大影响。不了解情况的可以查查同样4000多公里的航程,伦敦-雅典;悉尼-珀斯;洛杉矶-纽约这些航线的价格,和多伦多-温哥华的价格对比一下会明白了。
关键词“垄断”

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
再长也没回中国长吧?中国国内旅行距离也不短啊,也没那么贵啊,还提供免费餐饮、托运行李呢
中国游客人次高,成本摊薄。
回中国的航班大,可搭乘乘客更多,可装载的行李和货物也更多。跟短距离的小飞机不能比。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
你举得例子,Sydney-Perth这条线有可比性,其他俩条可比性不高。
不过,我承认加拿大国内航班飞机票昂贵,一样花这点钱不如出国玩。

最后编辑: 2017-09-19