家庭旅馆 国内机票版 海运专栏 房版

This is how you succeed in Canada (zt)

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
This is how you succeed in Canada
November 17, 2009, 11:09:04 am
Author: josh

Hear is my story... take the time to read it, if nothing you might at least save a few pennies and a couple of sleepless nights.

I have been a silent viewer on this forum, I have read a lot of arguments and I appreciate the zeal of most people. The positive approach some people have displayed in spite of all the negative and discouraging information is really inspiring.

I have been in Canada for over 25 months now, migrated from India, to quickly answer some of the biting questions in your head....

1, Am I doing well---Yes I am, maybe not as good as I would have liked it but I am happy.
2, Was I doing well back in India--- Very well.
3, Am I happy to have made the switch----No doubt about that.
4, Did I have to struggle and go through hard times----- Very very hard times, I've had to hang on by my tooth and claws.
5, Would I do it again---Damn sure I would.

BUT
6, Would I go about it in the same way that I did----NO, This post is to help you guys avoid the same mistake that I made and to give something back to people like me 25 months ago, I would have NEVER been able to do it without the help of many good hearted people, God bless em.

So here is my story......

But before that I just want to mention that I have met a lot of immigrants, some who have done well some not so well and others worse. The common line among all the immigrants were certain qualifications and these are a must according to me and my experience if you have to succeed, if you don't have these qualifications then you will be putting yourself in deep trouble.

At the risk of sounding dreadfully dull and at a horrible effort at instigating motivation here are the qualification you need to have:

a, Determination... If you are not absolutely determined its a waste of time.
b, Perseverance...The heart to go on in spite of all odds, never failing to loose the strength to take another step, NEVER NEVER give up, its your life and you cant give up on it.
c, Hard work....Try to be the best in whatever you do, don't work hard because you have to or because you are being watched just work hard coz you WANT to. Even if you are polishing shoes and if you are the best in doing that you will achieve glory someday. NOT BORN TO BE A MEDIOCRE attitude.
d, Good Heart.... A good heart to help people in need, may not just be financially (if that is not possible) but a kind word, a passionate hug, an encouraging line to any fellow in need. A genuine good wish and prayer from someone thankful can even move the Heart of GOD.

So, my story then, My God, its just starting, even I am tired already. I'll make it short.

Got my visa after a long and painful wait...Quit our jobs, my wife and me (first mistake, will explain later) scooped up all our savings, got our children out of school with appropriate planning so that they don't miss out a year. Did our lil research, said our prayers and got on the plane. Landed in Vancouver, some website told us that this was the worlds best place to live and raise a family (mistake number two). Checked into the hotel and began house hunting, looked at all the nice neighbourhoods and selected a house based on our budget (third mistake) so far so good, we thought. Put our kids to school and began the mammoth task of job hunting ( 25-30 days and 2000 dollars down).

Me wife and me are well qualified and based on our experiences we made absolutely wonderful resumes and started applying ( fourth mistake). Amazing responses, calls every day but that was that, stopped at calls after realising we don't have any Canadian qualification or experience. We were not too worried initially but as time passed it started to get a little uncomfortable( down by 3 months and 4000 dollars). We then started trying to get help and advise from the locals, mixed responses, very conflicting as everyone were from different circumstances. We then had to downgrade our resumes (as one of the refusal feedback was that we were over qualified) and start applying, still luck eluded us. Every dollar spent was like fire in the belly growing hotter. Five-six months later we were desperate and ready to take any job that was available to us. A month later, my wife got a job and few weeks later it was my turn to get lucky to get a job.

These were not nearly ideal jobs that we were hoping for but some income was better than nothing. It killed me to see my wife doing data entry who was working for ICICI bank back in India and managing a whole branch and had won many awards for being the best run branch , just typing away 8 hours a day. I never really had the courage to ask how she felt seeing me flip burgers when I had 120 employees working for me at Hewlett Packard back in India.

Though both of us were earning still we were not able to make enough money to stop digging away from our savings. The house rent, bills, travel to & fro to work, food and the most expensive of the lot, child minders for our kids, to pick them up from school and take care until my wife gets back home. I was working over time, nearly 12 hours a day but could not sustain ourselves, we then switched our plan and I took up night shift and weekends while my wife worked in the day, I would wake up cook and get the kids back home and put them in front of the telly and pass out on the couch. I was ready to leave for work and would be waiting at the door to rush out to get the train, sometimes I must admit, with wet eyes while walking to the train station.At all time, I tried real hard to put a brave face for my wife and my two little angels, one kiss at the door everyday was all the interaction I had with my wife. That and kisses from my two little angels is what kept me going.

Even though we had figured out a way to save the child minders costs we were just making enough to live a very limited life. My children deserved more time from us, at least from one of us. I dint want them to grow up without that. I forced my wife to work only part time, moved to a smaller house, took up work for 12 hours every night, 6 days a week. I could not miss a single days work, no work no money. Life seemed a little better for a while, at least for my wife and kids.

When all seemed in control ( at least better than a few months ago ) another blow (forgive me for saying that but that's what it seemed like at that time), I was hardly with my wife a few times since we started working and she was pregnant for the second time ( we had twins the first time) in spite of all the caution we had taken. The irony was, we had to try for almost a year the first time around to get pregnant. If that was not all, it was twins AGAIN. The odds of that happening, twins twice, was 10 million to one or so I was told. This was about the time when I could sense my wife giving up. I could not imagine how we could afford the expenses of additional two babies in our present circumstances.

To cut it short, we had to go through more hardships, we had to move again and again until we were in what one would call a single room apartment.

Was this what we left everything and came here? Was this the life in Canada?
How could we have been so wrong in our assessment?
Are we losers and should go back home crawling like one?

BUT WAIT NO, I thought,

If I we had the luck of having two twins which is very very rare then we surely should be blessed. And I will not let all the sacrifices my family and I have made go for a waste, I did not want my kids to see their father give up when I have always told them never to give up. I was even more determined to move on.

Things turned around, of all the mistakes that I made I had done one thing right, I had really put in my best at work, nobody could do stuff in the kitchen like I could. For most people out there this was just a job, for me it was food in my kids bellies and the last straw of hope in keeping my dreams alive.

I got so many appreciations and management started noticing me, My work was perfect no matter there was someone watching over me or not. As a matter of fact I used to perform even better when I was not supervised. the management quickly saw this and moved the night shift supervisor to another branch to save costs. There was no impact on the business even though I was all alone in the kitchen all night. It was barely any time I was made a supervisor and I had enough money now and did not have to work 12 hours and 6 days. But I did, as my wife had stopped working coz of her pregnancy, we took this opportunity to get her to study and get some certifications in her line of work which were recognised in Canada. She came out with flying colours as she was twice as smart than any certification she sat for. She scored 100% in every damn thing.

We had two healthy little angels again, within four months she started applying with the Canadian certifications and she got a decent job, within a very short time her employers realised her potential and moved her to a different role with more responsibilities and more salary as well.

She did not eat for two days until I agreed to quit my job and stay home with my kids and take up some kind of studying myself. The first few days after I quit I slept for 15 hours every day, it seemed like heaven as I had not had so much sleep in many months. I then started studying at home and taking care of the babies while my wife worked. She was getting paid more than what we had earned collectively so it was fine.

I finished a few certifications and also got decent job. We both feel that we can grow in the companies that we are currently in because of our experience and knowledge and also the effort we have put in to get so far.

We have now moved a good two bed apartment and got ourselves a second-had Ford Mondeo, and now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and any hope of realising our dreams.

Now let me talk about the mistakes I think I made and what I would have done differently if I had to do this all over again.

1st Mistake -, Quitting both our jobs. My wife was working for an Indian Company( ICICI) but I was working for a global company (HEWLETT PACKARD). I should have tried to get a internal transfer, Global companies do hire from within. I agree that it would not have been easy but I am sure not as difficult as what I went through. I might have had to go down several levels and wait for maybe a year or two which is still a worthwhile thing to do.

If that was absolutely not possible I would then quit my job leave my wife and kids behind and go to Canada myself.

2, Mistake - Trying to settle down with out first getting a job. If I am alone I can get a temporary accommodation and be more flexible to move where ever there is opportunity, even move to different cities, with family it is not possible. this will also keep my costs very very low.

3,Mistake - Unless you related to tourism and hospitality industry don't go to Vancouver. Calgary is good for people in oil industry but as a
general rule of thumb there are much more jobs in Toronto that any other place. There are many immigrants there , right, but this is not entirely bad as the employers in Toronto are more used to the Immigrants and are less biased compared to other places.
4, Mistake - I expected to get a great job, like the one I had back in India right away. This does not happen with 99% of the people. You cant just pick up from where you left unless you have some kind of Canadian qualification or internally transferred from within your company.

As soon as you land get yourself some/any job that you can land yourself in and ensure that your monthly expenditure is less that what you earn. Yes you might have to compromise a great deal on where you live and stuff. Make sure you spend as little money as possible from your savings. Immediately get into some kind of course/certification in your line that is recognised in Canada, use your savings for that. Don't waste even one day.

Make sure once you have secured some certifications and you are looking for a job that is in your line of work. You would already have a job, however bad but a job nevertheless. All your focus should be to get a job in your line of work and not towards getting a little more money, this is because if you get to do something in your line of work you will naturally do well.

Once you have set your foot in and fairly confident its time to get your wife..... NOT KIDS, just wife. I know it can be very difficult to leave kids behind but you will have to make some sacrifices to ensure that you do it the right way.

Now that your wife is there, just get her to do some part time work focus entirely on getting Canadian qualification in her line of work.

Always remember there will be totally unexpected things that will come up ( my wife's pregnancy for example ) and make sure you have put away some money for emergencies, however little, something is better than nothing.

Only get a permanent family home when you and your wife are working, in your respective line of work and the get your kids. Things would have been a lot easier if I had done it this way rather than the way I adopted.

THE SATISFACTION YOU GET AND THE WAY YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE IS BOOSTED WILL BE WORTH ALL THE EFFORT. ONCE YOU HAVE SETTLED IN YOU WILL HAVE VERY FEW AND JUST MUNDANE THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT, LIFE IN CANADA WILL SEEM VERY ENJOYABLE THEN.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that may crop up, I wish this was helpful and God bless you all.

Ps: I have reformatted it to look a bit better. The contents are untouched.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: This is how you succeed in Canada (zt)

这是你如何在加拿大(ZT的)成功

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

这是你如何在加拿大成功
2009年11月17日,上午11点○九分04秒
作者:乔什

听到的是我的故事...花时间来读它,如果没有你可能至少节省几便士和一两个不眠之夜。

我一直是沉默的观众对这个论坛,我读了不少争论,我体会到大多数人的热情。有些人的积极态度已在所有的消极和沮丧,尽管显示的信息是令人振奋。

我已经超过25个月在加拿大现在,从印度移民,迅速回答你的脑袋在刺骨的一些问题....

1,我是不是做得很好---是我的,也许还不如我所希望的,但我很高兴。
2,是我在印度做了很好的效果---很好。
3,我是乐意作出有关该开关----毫无疑问。
4,难道我要奋斗,经过艰难的时刻-----非常非常艰难的时刻,我已经挂了我的牙齿和爪子上。
5,我会再做一次---哎呀相信我会的。

6,我会去一下以同样的方式,我没有----没有,这职位是帮助你们避免同样的错误,我做了什么,并给予25个月前回到像我这样的人,我会从来没能做到没有许多好心的人帮它,上帝保佑它们。

因此,这里是我的故事......

但在此之前,我只想提一提,我遇到了很多的移民,有些谁做得好一些不那么好,而别人差。在所有移民的共同路线是一定资格,而这些是要根据我和我的经验,如果你要成功,如果你没有这些条件,那么你将是把自己深陷困境。

在沉闷的探空不堪动机和煽动这里是一个可怕的工作风险的资格,你需要有:

一,测定...如果你不完全决定了它是浪费时间。
b,执着心去...在所有的可能性,尽管从来没有松动的力量采取另一个步骤,永不永不放弃,是你的生活,你不能放弃它。
,努力工作....试着成为最好的不管你做什么,不要努力工作,因为你已经或正在观看的,因为你只是努力工作因为你想。即使你是擦鞋,如果你是这样做,有一天你会达到最佳的荣耀。生来就不是一个平庸的态度。
,善良....一个善良的心,帮助有需要的人,可能不只是经济上(如果那是不可能的),但一类的话,一个热情拥抱,一个令人鼓舞的行中的任何需要的家伙。一个真正的良好愿望和感谢的人祈祷,甚至可以将神的心意。

所以,我的故事以后,我的上帝,它刚刚开始,甚至我累了。我会让短。

经过了一个漫长而痛苦的等待...退出我们的工作,我的妻子和我(第一个错误,稍后会解释),收购了所有的积蓄我的签证,得到了我们的孩子从学校与适当的规划,让他们不要错过出了一年。难道我们的律研究,他说我们的祈祷和登上了飞机。在温哥华降落后,一些网站告诉我们,这是世界上最好的地方生活,并且提出一个家庭(错误号二)。住进酒店,开始找房子,看了所有的好邻居和选择我们的预算(第三个错误)至今的房子这么好,我们的思想。把我们的孩子去上学,开始了求职(25-30天,2000元上下)艰巨的任务。

我妻子和我有足够资格,并根据我们的经验,我们取得绝对美妙的简历,并开始申请(第四错误)。令人惊讶的反应,要求每一天,但事情就是这样,在实现之后,我们没有任何加拿大呼吁停止资格或经验。我们不是太担心,但随着时间的流逝最初它开始变得有点不舒服(下跌3个月和4000美元)。然后,我们开始尝试获得帮助和当地居民提供意见,混合反应,大家都非常矛盾,从不同的情况。然后,我们不得不降级的简历(作为拒绝回应之一是,我们已超过资格),并开始申请,还是运气躲避我们。每花费一美元就像在肚子越来越热着火了。五六个月后,我们绝望和准备采取的任何工作,是提供给我们。一个月后,我的妻子找到了一份工作和几个星期后,轮到我幸运地得到一份工作。

这些人几乎没有我们所希望看到的是一些收入,但总比没有好理想的工作。它杀了我看到我的妻子是谁做的数据录入工作早在印度工业信贷投资银行和管理整个分支,并赢得了最佳运行科被许多奖项,只要输入了每天8小时。我从来没有真正有勇气问她感觉怎么样,当我看到我有120名员工为我工作在惠普在印度后空翻汉堡。

虽然我们俩都没有收入,我们仍然能够做出足够的钱,停止挖掘远离我们的积蓄。房屋租赁,票据,来回旅费和工作,食品和最昂贵的地段,为我们的孩子的孩子看护,来接他们从学校和照顾,直到我的妻子回来的家。随着时间的推移,我的工作,几乎每天12小时,但无法维持自己,然后我们交换我们的计划,我拿起夜班和周末,而我太太在一天工作,我会醒来,做饭,让孩子们回家,摆在他们面前的电视中,并通过在沙发上了。我正准备出门上班,将在门口等着冲出去上火车,我必须承认,有时用湿的眼睛,而步行到火车station.At所有的时间,我试图努力地把一个勇敢面对我为我的妻子和两个小天使,一个吻在门口每天是所有的互动我和我的妻子了。这和我的两个小天使的吻是什么让我继续走下去。

尽管我们已经想出一个办法救孩子看管成本,我们只是做足够生活的一个非常有限的生命。我的孩子应该得到我们,至少从我们的一员更多的时间。吾力希望他们能不用说了。我强迫我的妻子只有部分时间工作,搬迁到一个较小的房子,拿出了12个小时的工作每天晚上,每周6天。我不能错过任何一个单一天的工作,没有工作,没有钱。生活似乎好一点了一段时间,至少在我的妻子和孩子。

当一切似乎都在控制(至少比几个月前)再吹(原谅我说,但是那是什么样子,当时似乎我),我几乎没有和我的妻子几次自从我们开始工作,她被第二次怀孕(我们对双胞胎的第一次)在全体尽管我们采取了谨慎。具有讽刺意味的是,我们不得不尝试将近一年的第一次最想怀孕。如果这还不是全部,这是双胞胎一遍。这种事情发生的几率,双胞胎的两倍,为10万分之一左右,有人告诉我。这是有关的时候,我能感觉到我的妻子放弃。我无法想象我们如何能负担得起在我们目前的情况下,另外两个婴儿的费用。

长话短说,我们必须经过更多的困难,我们不得不一次又一次地移动,直到我们在什么人会调用一个房间的公寓了。

这是我们舍弃了一切,来到这里?这是在加拿大的生活?
我们怎么能如此在我们的评估错了?
我们是输家,应该像一个回家爬?

但等待没有,我想,

如果我有,我们有两个双胞胎运气这是非常非常罕见的话,我们当然应该得到祝福。而且我不会让所有的牺牲我的家人和我已经就浪费去,我不希望我的孩子看到自己的父亲放弃的时候我总是告诉他们,永远不要放弃。我更加坚定地前进。

现在看来,周围所有的错误,我把我做了一件事情的权利,我真的对我最好放在工作,没有人能够在厨房里做我喜欢的东西。对于大多数人在那里,这只是一份工作对我来说,这是我的孩子肚子的食物和希望保持我的梦想活着的最后一根稻草。

我有这么多的赞赏和管理开始注意到我,我的工作是完美的,无论有一个人对我还是不看。由于事实上我以前更好的成绩,当我不监督。管理层很快发现这一点,提出的夜班主管到另一个分支以节省成本。目前还没有关于业务,即使我一个人在厨房里整夜的影响。这是几乎没有任何我作了一个主管,我有足够的钱,不过没有要工作12小时,6天时间。但我知道,我的妻子已经停止了工作,她怀孕的堂妹,我们借此机会让她得到她的学习和工作线,在加拿大认可的一些认证。她走了出来,她以优异的是美国的两倍,比任何证明她坐聪明。她在每一个该死的东西拿下100%。

我们有两个健康的小天使,又在四个月内,她开始与加拿大的认证申请,她得到了一个很短的时间内一个体面的工作,她的雇主意识到自己的潜力,使她具有更多的责任和更多的薪金,以及不同的作用。

她没有吃了两天,直到我同意辞去工作,留在我的孩子回家,并采取了一些自己的学习类型。最初几天后,我离开我为每天睡15个小时,这似乎是天堂,因为我已经好久没这么睡在许多个月。然后我开始在家里学习,并采取了照顾婴儿,而我的妻子工作。她变得比原来我们所拥有的集体,因此赢得了罚款。

我完成了几个认证并取得不错的工作。我们都觉得我们可以生长在我们的公司,因为我们的经验和知识,也是当前我们提出来取得迄今为止的努力。

我们现在已经搬到了良好的两床的公寓,得到了自己一个第二福特蒙迪欧了,现在我们可以看到在隧道尽头的任何希望实现我们的梦想的光。

现在让我谈谈的错误我想我什么,我会做不同,如果我不得不这样做一遍。

第一误区 - ,我们的工作都退出。我的妻子正为印度公司(ICICI银行),但我是一个全球性的公司(惠普)工作。我应该试图让一个内部的转移,全球公司都聘请来自内部。我同意,也不会容易,但我肯定不如我所经历过困难。我可能有几个层次下去,等待一两年也许这依然是一个值得做的事情。

如果这是绝对不可能的,我然后退出我的工作给我的妻子和孩子们后面,去加拿大自己。

2,错误 - 尝试解决与先出来找工作了。如果我孤独,我可以得到一个临时住所和更灵活的移动过的位置有机会,甚至移动到不同的城市,与家人是不可能的。这也使我非常非常低的成本。

3,犯规 - 除非你相关的旅游及酒店业,不去温哥华。卡尔加里是石油行业,但作为一个人民的好
一般经验法则,也有更多的就业机会在多伦多的任何其他地方。那里有许多移民,权利,但这并不完全是在多伦多的雇主更坏用于移民的偏见和不那么相对于其他地方。
4,犯规 - 我期望得到一个伟大的工作,就像我曾在印度马上就回来。这不会发生,99%的人。你不能随便从你离开,除非你有资格或内部加拿大从公司内部转移实物。

只要你让自己的一些土地/任何工作,你可以在自己的土地,并确保您的每月支出是你赚不到什么。是的,你可能要牺牲对你住的地方和东西很多。确保你花尽可能少的钱从储蓄。立即进入一些课程/在你的行是在加拿大认可的认证种类,使用该储蓄。不要浪费哪怕只是一天。

确保一旦你得到了一些认证,你是一份工作,在你的工作路线是瞻。你应该已经有一份工作,但坏,但是一但工作。您所有的重点应该是为了得到一个在你的工作线工作,并争取得到更多的钱不是一点点,这是因为如果你做你的工作你自然会做好线东西。

一旦你已经确立了自己的脚并相当有信心的时间让你的妻子.....不要孩子,只是妻子。我知道它可以是非常困难的孩子们留下,但你将不得不作出一些牺牲,以确保您以正确的方式去做。

现在你的妻子在那里,只是让她做她的工作得到在加拿大的资格线一些兼职工作的重点完全。

一定要记住会有完全出乎意料的事情上来了(我的妻子的,例如怀孕),并确保您有紧急情况放好一些钱,但很少,有总比没有好。

只得到一个永久的家,当你和你的妻子正各自在你的工作路线,以及让您的孩子。事情本来容易得多,如果我是这样做了,而不是我采取的方式。

您的满意GET和你的自信大增将是值得所有的努力方式。一旦你落户,你将会在少数,只是世俗的事情需要担心的事情,在加拿大的生活会显得非常愉快,然后。

请随时问我任何问题,可能会突然出现,我想这是有益的,上帝保佑你们。

PS:我已经重新格式化它寻找一个好一点。中的内容不变。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

做个记号,有时间慢慢看。谢谢分享!!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

Great sharing and very useful for me as I'm building my plan right now...

By examining the mistakes and comments you listed out, I think I'm on the right way, which is very inspiring...

For the city I pick up Toronto as I have IT background.
For the job I started my internal transfer and most likely it will succeed. Although the position is in US other than Canada, it will be a great start for me.
For family moving, it will be much easier for me since I don't have any kids yet. I will go and settle down first, and then my husband, maybe 6 ms or a yr later.

Thank you very much for the certification part and I never thought it could be so important. I will have my husband to get certification for sure before job hunting.

I also make a backup plan in case my internal transfer finally fail. Then I will start from an entry level job at Canada with the global certification I already have.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

写文章的人很诚恳。提出的建议虽然未必适合我,这取决于每个人的不同的期待,但还是看得出这些建议对与作者相似的新移民应该会很有帮助。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

where did u get it, man??

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

I am impressed. save it to my favorite!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

留印。。。。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

不管是什么人,除非你特别有钱,不在意加拿大的钱,如果你需要一份工作才能稳定下来的话,那么在新的环境中一定不能把自己定位太高,认识到这一点,才不至于浪费几个月,永远记住,工作比不工作好,不管是什么工作,只要是正规的工作,那就干吧,

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

家人呢?他建议一个人先稳定了再接家人过去,可是我看到很多人建议家人一起过去。这个到底应该怎么样?