最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
这是第二次出现常规换油被忽悠的状况了。我在脸书上发表了一些感慨,并描述了事情的经过。
在Mr. Lube网上提交了投诉,同时在Better Business Bureau提交了投诉。
同时联系了一位本那比事议员,一位华裔,他说让我给他打电话。明天再麻烦人家。
拭目以待。
下面是我在脸书上的描述。
Is the high level of trust in Canadian society under erosion?
Part one: My experiences with unscrupulous business practices of automobile repair shops in Burnaby, BC.
People living in high-trust societies are happier; they report higher levels of life satisfaction. Canada has been consistently ranked among the top ten happiest countries in the world since 2012, when the annual World Happiness Report was launched with the support of the United Nations. Canadians report high levels of trust in the honesty of government agencies, police, and businesses. This is one of the reasons that Canada is considered one of the best countries in the world and attracts immigrants from around the globe. In the undergraduate psychology classes I teach at two universities in the Vancouver area. One of the “cultural shocks” described by international students, especially those from South America, is how safe the place is. “You can trust the police. When something happens to you, you may call the police, and they are not going to come and hurt you.”
However, over the last year or so, my personal sense of trust for local businesses has been shaken by negative experiences. I have recently been victimized by unscrupulous business practices in Burnaby with automobile repair shops. The most recent incident happened on March 6 when I went to Mr. Lube on Hasting street in Burnaby for a routine oil change for my Jeep Cherokee. The car has only 47,000 KM mileage on it. While doing the oil change, a mechanic told me that my car was up for a scheduled transmission fluid change. He made a point to ask me whether I had a transmission fluid change during my last oil change. I said no, and he said then the car needed to have a scheduled transmission fluid change. I trusted his expertise and agreed to have the transmission fluid changed for 344 dollars (before tax). Then another mechanic told me that I needed to have my four spark plugs replaced with new ones. I trusted his expertise and agreed to have the plugs replaced for 249 dollars. After the services were done, I checked my owner's manual and found out that the mechanic had given me misleading and untrue information. The manual says the spark plugs need to be changed only after 160,00 kilometers, almost four times as much as what I have now. Nowhere in the manual says that the car needs a "routine" transmission fluid change.
Businesses are essential institutions because citizens rely on them for everyday living. They form the foundations for social trust. There is no error-free system. However, a touchstone question on the system’s trustworthiness is whether due process works to redress issues when they arise.
I am going to file a complaint with the company on Mr. Lube's website and see what happens. However, I have no trust in this route. A cursory Google search finds similar complaints about precisely the same practice with this Rapid Auto Service Chain at different locations, trying to sell unnecessary services with misinformation.
One customer says the mechanic tries to sell her transmission fluid change at a mere 70,000 kilometers. Well, she may take comfort at the fact that they tried and succeeded in selling me the service at 47,000 km.
There are numerous complaints against this business nationwide. I wonder how many of those cases are handled properly.
https://www.complaintboard.com/mr-lube-l7346.html
https://www.complaintsboard.com/mr-lube-canada-b115652
Another route is to file a report with the Better Business Bureau. I will take this route too. Then there is the small claim court to turn to. Those steps are onerous and time-consuming.
I will report the progress and changes in my confidence in the business institutions in the area. This type of issue is getting more and more common in the auto repair business. I had another troubling experience with a different shop last August-September. This is a serious issue for the city and the residents. It is time for the city, regulators, consumer protection agencies and citizens to do something about this problem.

calgarvan

知名网友
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
这是第二次出现常规换油被忽悠的状况了。我在脸书上发表了一些感慨,并描述了事情的经过。
在Mr. Lube网上提交了投诉,同时在Better Business Bureau提交了投诉。
同时联系了一位本那比事议员,一位华裔,他说让我给他打电话。明天再麻烦人家。
拭目以待。
下面是我在脸书上的描述。
Is the high level of trust in Canadian society under erosion?
Part one: My experiences with unscrupulous business practices of automobile repair shops in Burnaby, BC.
People living in high-trust societies are happier; they report higher levels of life satisfaction. Canada has been consistently ranked among the top ten happiest countries in the world since 2012, when the annual World Happiness Report was launched with the support of the United Nations. Canadians report high levels of trust in the honesty of government agencies, police, and businesses. This is one of the reasons that Canada is considered one of the best countries in the world and attracts immigrants from around the globe. In the undergraduate psychology classes I teach at two universities in the Vancouver area. One of the “cultural shocks” described by international students, especially those from South America, is how safe the place is. “You can trust the police. When something happens to you, you may call the police, and they are not going to come and hurt you.”
However, over the last year or so, my personal sense of trust for local businesses has been shaken by negative experiences. I have recently been victimized by unscrupulous business practices in Burnaby with automobile repair shops. The most recent incident happened on March 6 when I went to Mr. Lube on Hasting street in Burnaby for a routine oil change for my Jeep Cherokee. The car has only 47,000 KM mileage on it. While doing the oil change, a mechanic told me that my car was up for a scheduled transmission fluid change. He made a point to ask me whether I had a transmission fluid change during my last oil change. I said no, and he said then the car needed to have a scheduled transmission fluid change. I trusted his expertise and agreed to have the transmission fluid changed for 344 dollars (before tax). Then another mechanic told me that I needed to have my four spark plugs replaced with new ones. I trusted his expertise and agreed to have the plugs replaced for 249 dollars. After the services were done, I checked my owner's manual and found out that the mechanic had given me misleading and untrue information. The manual says the spark plugs need to be changed only after 160,00 kilometers, almost four times as much as what I have now. Nowhere in the manual says that the car needs a "routine" transmission fluid change.
Businesses are essential institutions because citizens rely on them for everyday living. They form the foundations for social trust. There is no error-free system. However, a touchstone question on the system’s trustworthiness is whether due process works to redress issues when they arise.
I am going to file a complaint with the company on Mr. Lube's website and see what happens. However, I have no trust in this route. A cursory Google search finds similar complaints about precisely the same practice with this Rapid Auto Service Chain at different locations, trying to sell unnecessary services with misinformation.
One customer says the mechanic tries to sell her transmission fluid change at a mere 70,000 kilometers. Well, she may take comfort at the fact that they tried and succeeded in selling me the service at 47,000 km.
There are numerous complaints against this business nationwide. I wonder how many of those cases are handled properly.
https://www.complaintboard.com/mr-lube-l7346.html
https://www.complaintsboard.com/mr-lube-canada-b115652
Another route is to file a report with the Better Business Bureau. I will take this route too. Then there is the small claim court to turn to. Those steps are onerous and time-consuming.
I will report the progress and changes in my confidence in the business institutions in the area. This type of issue is getting more and more common in the auto repair business. I had another troubling experience with a different shop last August-September. This is a serious issue for the city and the residents. It is time for the city, regulators, consumer protection agencies and citizens to do something about this problem.
能不能用中文发一下?

似乎不太可能上升到如此道德高度吧,大部分车行也许没有这么糟糕吧?一次或者两次就否认整个行业或者整个社会, high level of trust in Canadian society,是不是有点过了?

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
能不能用中文发一下?

似乎不太可能上升到如此道德高度吧,大部分车行也许没有这么糟糕吧?一次或者两次就否认整个行业或者整个社会, high level of trust in Canadian society,是不是有点过了?
不上升到这个高度,没有人会理你,我猜的...
如果只是说讨回维修费,那就是和汽车商行的个人商业纠纷,如果说这个商业行为伤害了消费者的信心,甚至整个加拿大的声誉,那么也许有些人会take it seriously,当然那是从政治角度来考虑。

calgarvan

知名网友
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
不上升到这个高度,没有人会理你,我猜的...
如果只是说讨回维修费,那就是和汽车商行的个人商业纠纷,如果说这个商业行为伤害了消费者的信心,甚至整个加拿大的声誉,那么也许有些人会take it seriously,当然那是从政治角度来考虑。
那如果上升到整个人类的道德素养,会不会效果更好呢?

xinhaigui

心理学博士
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
在本那比市做事的熟人回电话说他也被这家店忽悠过,连话术都是一样的,而且他被忽悠走的钱比我还多,“换了20多年的机油,每次不过一两百假币,那次一算账收了我一千多。”看到比我聪明的人也遇到了相同的困扰,我对自己的怀疑减轻了一些。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Mr. Lube平常换油是贵一点,图的就是不用预约,马上搞掂。这个店一定会怂恿你换这换那的赚钱,dealer也一个德行,光是换油没赚什么大钱。经验教训:去Mr Lube或类似的快捷换油店,别让他们忽悠你,就告诉他们straight oil change, nothing else. 俺屡试不爽。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Mr. Lube平常换油是贵一点,图的就是不用预约,马上搞掂。这个店一定会怂恿你换这换那的赚钱,dealer也一个德行,光是换油没赚什么大钱。经验教训:去Mr Lube或类似的快捷换油店,别让他们忽悠你,就告诉他们straight oil change, nothing else. 俺屡试不爽。
虽然如此,但有些东西例如coolant, trans fluid, brake fluid等还是要按年份换的。

看来要自己读手册,知道什么不换什么何时换,然后才去换油。

xinhaigui

心理学博士
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
找懂行的私人Mechanic是否会好一些?有人给我介绍了一位列治文的师傅,他看了我的刹车片和轮胎,我感觉他挺实在。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
能不能用中文发一下?

似乎不太可能上升到如此道德高度吧,大部分车行也许没有这么糟糕吧?一次或者两次就否认整个行业或者整个社会, high level of trust in Canadian society,是不是有zan
能不能用中文发一下?

赞同!就事论事, 就不满意理论要求,没有必要和国内新闻报道一样夸大,涉及到全行业和社会面。作为车主了解车子的状况和保养维护流程,决定是否需要此类服务, 是我们的职责所在。

xinhaigui

心理学博士
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
刚刚从Mr. Lube拿到了退款。去换个机油他给我整了八百六十多块钱的服务,其中六百六是不需要的。这种车终生不需要换transmission fluid。十六万公里以上才用换火花塞,而我这车才四万七千公里,他就给我全换了,还煞有介事地拿给我看说不换不行了。我哪儿懂呀,人有憨厚。你不跟他掰扯吧,六百多块说多也不多,说少也不少,全是一块一块上课挣的辛苦钱呀。

附件

• Mr. Lube refund.jpg
    Mr. Lube refund.jpg
    1.6 MB · 查看: 16
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
刚刚从Mr. Lube拿到了退款。去换个机油他给我整了八百六十多块钱的服务,其中六百六是不需要的。这种车终生不需要换transmission fluid。十六万公里以上才用换火花塞,而我这车才四万七千公里,他就给我全换了,还煞有介事地拿给我看说不换不行了。我哪儿懂呀,人有憨厚。你不跟他掰扯吧,六百多块说多也不多,说少也不少,全是一块一块上课挣的辛苦钱呀。
能否指出收费单上哪些项是必须的,就是没有退款的项,谢谢。