斯坦福 IT

有关EI的申请和案例

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Apply for Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) with CRA

The CERB supports Canadians by providing urgently needed financial support to employed and self-employed Canadians who have been directly affected by COVID-19. It provides a payment of $2,000 for a 4 week period (equivalent to $500 a week) for up to 16 weeks.
On this page

Unsure about whether you should apply for CERB with Service Canada or CRA?
Who can apply
The CERB will be available to workers:
  • residing in Canada, who are at least 15 years old;
  • who have stopped working because of COVID-19 or are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits;
  • who had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application; and
  • who are or expect to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period.

The income of at least $5,000 may be from any or a combination of the following sources: employment; self-employment; maternity and parental benefits under the Employment Insurance program and/or similar benefits paid in Quebec under the Quebec Parental Insurance Plan.

The Benefit is only available to individuals who stopped work and are not earning employment or self-employment income as a result of reasons related to COVID-19. If you have not stopped working because of COVID-19, you are not eligible for the Benefit.

Once you apply, you can expect to get your payment in 3 business days if you have signed up for direct deposit, and approximately 10 business days if you haven’t signed up for direct deposit.

If your situation continues, you can re-apply for a payment for multiple 4-week periods, to a maximum of 16 weeks (4 periods).
How to apply
Applications for the CERB will begin the week of Monday, April 6, 2020.

There are two ways to apply:

• Online with CRA My Account
  • Over the phone with an automated phone service
Get ready now
Although you can't apply yet, you can get ready now to ensure your application will be as easy and quick as possible.

If you are applying online:

1 – You will need a CRA My Account to apply

Do you have a CRA My Account?

• Yes - I have a CRA My Account
  • Yes - but I forget my CRA user ID or password
  • Yes - but I'm locked out
  • No - but I have a My Service Canada Account
  • No - I don't have either

If you are applying online or on phone:

1 – Your payment will be delivered by direct deposit or by cheque

Is your direct deposit and mailing information up to date with the CRA?

• Yes – My direct deposit and mailing information is up to date with the CRA
  • No - I need to update direct deposit and mailing information

2 - Determine the best day of the week to apply once the system is available

Whether you apply online or by phone, we want to provide the best service possible to everyone. To help manage this, we have set up specific days for you to apply. Please use the following guidelines:
Day to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit

If you were born in the month ofApply for CERB onYour best day to apply
January, February or MarchMondaysApril 6
April, May, or JuneTuesdaysApril 7
July, August, or SeptemberWednesdaysApril 8
October, November, or DecemberThursdaysApril 9
Any monthFridays, Saturdays and SundaysNot applicable
Start to apply (ready April 6)
Apply Online:
Follow instructions below before you
Instructions once you're in your CRA My Account Apply By phone: Call the automated toll-free line
Both of these services are available 21 hours a day, 7 days a week. Both services are closed from 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. (Eastern time) for maintenance.

After you apply

If you are eligible for the CERB, you can expect $2,000 ($500 per week) for a 4-week period.

It is a single payment for a 4-week period.

If your situation continues, you can re-apply for a payment for multiple 4-week periods, to a maximum of 16 weeks (4 periods)

Note: These benefits are taxable and you will need to report any payments received on next year's tax filing. An information slip will be made available for the 2020 tax year in My Account under Tax Information Slips (T4 and more).
Understand the payment periods

Each payment of the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) covers a 4-week period, beginning March 15, 2020. When you apply, it is for a single payment for the 4-week period. If your situation continues, you can apply for an additional 4-week period, up to a maximum of 16 weeks (4 periods in total).

What are the payment methods

The CERB is paid by direct deposit or by cheque if your direct deposit information is not on file.

When to expect payment

• If you are getting your payment by direct deposit, expect your payment within 3 business days from the day you submitted your application
  • If you are getting your payment by cheque, expect to get the cheque within 10 business days from the day you submitted your application.
Apply again every 4 weeks

You will need to apply and confirm your eligibility for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit every 4 weeks (to a maximum of 16 weeks) if your situation continues.

最后编辑: 2020-04-01
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
您好,我也想請教一下。
近來因為診所被要求Quarantine所以申請了sickness EI, 之後還要轉為regular EI.
我有一個地方出租,也有做申報。但租金無法補貼mortgage跟strata fee, 所以等於沒賺錢,每個月開銷大於收入。
在填寫第一份Report 的時候,我勾選了有other income,得打電話去解釋。請問這樣會影響到我的EI嗎?謝謝。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
您好,我也想請教一下。
近來因為診所被要求Quarantine所以申請了sickness EI, 之後還要轉為regular EI.
我有一個地方出租,也有做申報。但租金無法補貼mortgage跟strata fee, 所以等於沒賺錢,每個月開銷大於收入。
在填寫第一份Report 的時候,我勾選了有other income,得打電話去解釋。請問這樣會影響到我的EI嗎?謝謝。
这个要看是否当自雇和生意来做,如果出租自住房闲余空间,是不算工作收入的。不影响EI。
不客气。愿你早日康复。
可能参看

5.16.3.1 Profits arising from personal land ownership
Land ownership is a personal asset. For example, a person who is self-employed may receive moneys by virtue of ownership of land rather than as a result of their business. Income arising from other sources, such as renting unused land to others, selling mineral rights or receiving royalties from those mineral rights is not income for EI benefit purposes. This income results from land ownership and not from self-employment. As has been previously stated in this Chapter, for earnings to exist, the income must have come from work performed (Digest 5.16.1).

As well, a person who is self-employed and owns the premises where the self-employment business is located, may rent space on their property to a third party. Likewise, self-employment may be conducted from one’s home where a private basement apartment is located and renders income to the owner. Rental income by virtue of land ownership is not earnings when there is no correlation between the payment of any moneys and employment. This should not be confused with income from rental properties when such rentals are a part of the self-employment activity where the resulting earnings would be income arising out of employment and not ownership.

--

最后编辑: 2020-04-03
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
能否将原文贴上。
Did you or will you receive Wage Loss Insurance (WLI) for the first week of this report? 问题是这样的 因为我不清楚WLI是什么 我2月申请EI 公司3月3号提交ROE 我也准时report 但是我现在还没有拿到钱 那边电话也一直打不进去 所以不知道到底哪里出错了? 谢谢您的回复

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Did you or will you receive Wage Loss Insurance (WLI) for the first week of this report? 问题是这样的 因为我不清楚WLI是什么 我2月申请EI 公司3月3号提交ROE 我也准时report 但是我现在还没有拿到钱 那边电话也一直打不进去 所以不知道到底哪里出错了? 谢谢您的回复
这可能是新增加的问题,之前没这个。这是个工资损失保险,一般是大公司集体才有可能购买。如果你公司没有,选NO。

如果你有service Canada my account的话,可以在里面查到你申请和汇报的进展情况,会知道问题出现在哪儿。
不客气。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
谢谢楼主的回复,现在遇到问题ರ_ರ ,因为家里有孩子 ,想给他申请CRA的账户,但因他去年没有收入没有报税,申请了之后显示"我们需要确认你的个人信息",也没有显示具体需要怎么做,我也找了许多地方,还是不知道具体要怎么做,请帮我一下

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
谢谢楼主的回复,现在遇到问题ರ_ರ ,因为家里有孩子 ,想给他申请CRA的账户,但因他去年没有收入没有报税,申请了之后显示"我们需要确认你的个人信息",也没有显示具体需要怎么做,我也找了许多地方,还是不知道具体要怎么做,请帮我一下
如果你小孩满18周岁,应该报税,即使没收入,可以退GST 。
1, 可以尝试在注册CRA Account 过程中输入收入金额为0 ;
2,可以注册一个My Service Canada Account ( MSCA ) , 里而有一项直接可以进入他的CRA Account . 如图所示:

附件

• MSCA.png
    MSCA.png
    48.8 KB · 查看: 7
最后编辑: 2020-04-03
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
这个要看是否当自雇和生意来做,如果出租自住房闲余空间,是不算工作收入的。不影响EI。
不客气。愿你早日康复。
可能参看

5.16.3.1 Profits arising from personal land ownership
Land ownership is a personal asset. For example, a person who is self-employed may receive moneys by virtue of ownership of land rather than as a result of their business. Income arising from other sources, such as renting unused land to others, selling mineral rights or receiving royalties from those mineral rights is not income for EI benefit purposes. This income results from land ownership and not from self-employment. As has been previously stated in this Chapter, for earnings to exist, the income must have come from work performed (Digest 5.16.1).

As well, a person who is self-employed and owns the premises where the self-employment business is located, may rent space on their property to a third party. Likewise, self-employment may be conducted from one’s home where a private basement apartment is located and renders income to the owner. Rental income by virtue of land ownership is not earnings when there is no correlation between the payment of any moneys and employment. This should not be confused with income from rental properties when such rentals are a part of the self-employment activity where the resulting earnings would be income arising out of employment and not ownership.

--
非常感謝您!!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
还想帮朋友问大神们一个问题,如果2019年拿了生育父母EI到12月底,超过5000元,但是从 1月到3月初回国探亲了,然后现在不能工作了,能申请CERB这个福利吗?
如果她能证明她的工作岗位还在,但没有收入,也与COVID-19 关联而导致失业。我想是可以的。
但这是新的申请福利,也没经验。个人的看法,只供参考。后果自负。

我在回答全职或兼职时,选YES,得到的一步是“Thank you! You should apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit through Service Canada and the Employment Insurance program. ”
都 选NO。得到的一步是“Thank you! You should apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit through the Canada Revenue Agency.”
你也可以试试。

How to apply

To deliver payments to Canadians in a fast and easy way, the CERB is being jointly delivered by Service Canada and the Canada Revenue Agency.

To begin the application process, please answer a few simple questions. The answers you provide will help us direct you to the service option that best fits your situation.

Please read these questions and answers for more details.

Get started

Thinking about your main source of income in the last year - were you an employee or self-employed? (required)
I was self-employed
I was an employee
Were you a full-time employee for at least four months last year? (“full-time” means someone who works 30 or more hours per week) (required)
Yes
No
Were you a part-time employee for at least eight months last year? (part-time means someone who works less than 30 hours per week) (required)
Yes
No

Thank you! You should apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit through the Canada Revenue Agency.

最后编辑: 2020-04-06