多伦多地产市场依然HOT,现在不买可能下一代都要成renters

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
多伦多星报

http://www.thestar.com/business/rea...d_toronto_real_estate_market_hot_as_ever.html
First-time buyers find Toronto real estate market hot as ever

By:Susan PiggBusiness Reporter, Published on Fri Mar 29 2013

First-time homebuyers Jody and Michael Fegelman have heard a lot of talk over the last year about Canada’s cooling housing market. All the couple have felt is the sting of its heat.

During their 1½-year search for a home for their two young children, the Fegelmans have been on the losing end of three grueling bidding wars. They have paid for a home inspection on a place someone else got by paying $80,000 over the asking price.

They’ve felt heartache, disappointment and fear that their children Jack, 5, and Lilly, 2½, would be renters for life.

“My parents just kept saying, ‘Wait. Prices are going to come down,’ says Fegelman. “But the truth is, there is a boom going on in Toronto. I don’t think things will change or bidding wars will stop.”

Over the last four years, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty has tightened mortgage lending rules in a desperate bid to bring reason to the red-hot housing market, especially in Toronto and Vancouver where prices have hit the stratosphere during the last decade, propelled largely by low interest rates.

That, combined with surging supply of new condo projects, has definitely sent a chill through Toronto’s highrise housing sector since last summer, but demand for lowrise houses shows no signs of letting up.

Although home sales were down 11.5 per cent and listings up slightly as of mid March over a year earlier, unrelenting competition among buyers for too few properties for sale — especially in the City of Toronto — saw prices jump six per cent across the GTA, according to the Toronto Real Estate Board.

Semi-detached homes sold for an average $622,044 in the City of Toronto in mid-March, up a whopping 12.2 per cent from a year earlier (they were up just 2.9 per cent in the 905 regions to $398,328.)

Detached homes climbed by 7.2 per cent to an average $909,910 in Toronto, outpaced slightly in the 905 regions were a 7.7 per cent climb saw average prices hit $603,797.

Townhouses in the 416 region climbed by 8.2 per cent in mid March year over year to $447,460, compared to an almost seven per cent increase in the 905 regions to an average $375,420.

Even the cooling condo sector, where resale condo sales were down almost 10 per cent in mid-March year-over-year and listings have been climbing, saw price growth of 1.9 per cent in the City of Toronto, compared to just 0.2 per cent in the 905 regions.

“We’re seeing a major culture shift and a complete redefinition of what’s desirable and the (housing) market is reflecting that now,” says veteran urban planner Ken Greenberg.

“There is a new North American dream, and it’s no longer to have the suburban house and the fleet of cars. It’s living where you can buy your groceries on foot and you have access to transit.”

With the peak buying and selling period, spring market, just around the corner, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation is seeing some interesting indicators as well.

“We’re not seeing as many first-time buyers getting into the market right now because of affordability, but there is a considerable pool of people who have bought over the past 10 years and have outgrown their condominiums,” says Shaun Hildebrand, CMHC’s Toronto market analyst.

“There is strong demand for move-up properties fairly close to the core.”

The biggest supply-demand imbalance right now in the GTA is for semi-detached homes priced between $500,000 and $700,000 in areas like Roncesvalles and Leslieville, says Hildebrand.

Even some areas of Durham Region, close to Toronto’s border, have seen a tightening of supply because of first-time buyers looking for more affordable housing options, he added.

At the same time, demand for downtown rentals unlike anything seen in the last 20 years has driven rents to mortgage-like levels and is starting to tip the balance in favour of owning, given slipping condo prices and low interest rates, says Hildebrand.

Despite what sounds like all good news for the housing market, selling real estate has never been harder, says veteran broker Sally Cook. And it’s bringing out the worst in the industry: Underpricing to drive up competition for what little is out there and holding off accepting offers for days to create a frenzy of longing.

“It’s become emotionally, physically and financially draining,” for would-be home buyers, as well as agents, says Cook. “I decided last year to concentrate my efforts with first-time buyers looking for condos. There’s lots of inventory and I don’t have to fight over it.”

The frustration of what turned out to be a 1½-year search for a place to call home convinced the Fegelmans they needed to try something different. On the suggestion of their agent, Ira Jelinek, they started mining MLS data earlier this month for houses that had been languishing on the market for weeks.

They were the only bidders for a derelict semi-detached house in the Vaughan Rd. and St. Clair Ave. W. area that had listed since October. Originally priced at $599,000, they were the only bidders and got it for $460,000.

That’s because it needs over $100,000 in renovations.

“It’s very hard to cool or control a market when you have so many buyers chasing the same type of houses,” says Jelinek. “Agents who sell in my demographic, to people in their late 20s and early 30s, are feeling the effects of this market, too.

“The good thing is, this will weed out a lot of the realtors who’ll just say, ‘It’s too hard right now to be an agent.’ This is when the good ones will stick out.”

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: 多伦多地产市场依然HOT,现在不买可能下一代都要成renters

“My parents just kept saying, ‘Wait. Prices are going to come down,’ says Fegelman. “But the truth is, there is a boom going on in Toronto. I don’t think things will change or bidding wars will stop.”

谁有这样的父母,真是三生有幸啊。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

谁有这样的父母,真是三生有幸啊。

你象个老太婆,唠叨个不停,一句话要重复好几遍,累不累啊!
给你赚钱机会还不要。

最后编辑: 2013-03-29
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

谁有这样的父母,真是三生有幸啊。

为了做一个好父母,你可以抓紧时间买,现在这个价格对于二三十年后还是很便宜的哦

P

ppahce

最大赞力
当前赞力
0.00%

我们03年短登一个月就被经纪忽悠买了房。

当时被忽悠的一句话就是,你们现在不买,可能以后永远都买不起了。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

不是买不买的问题,是高兴买就买,不高兴买就不买,看到合适的就买,看不到合适的就再找合适的再买,买房是投资的一种,又是投资里比较安全稳当的一种,至于买不买,自己有打算了就买,资金可以支付就买。

国内一位朋友说,只要自己的收入的1/3可以支付房贷,就可以放心的买。如果收入的1/2或者更多去支付房贷的话,可能会影响到生活水平。我想此观点用在加拿大房产投资也合适。也切不能急于买房而超出预算,然后紧张了自己的生活品质。

房地产只是一种投资方式,没有那么高深莫测。

青紫蓝

最大赞力
当前赞力
0.00%

不是买不买的问题,是高兴买就买,不高兴买就不买,看到合适的就买,看不到合适的就再找合适的再买,买房是投资的一种,又是投资里比较安全稳当的一种,至于买不买,自己有打算了就买,资金可以支付就买。

国内一位朋友说,只要自己的收入的1/3可以支付房贷,就可以放心的买。如果收入的1/2或者更多去支付房贷的话,可能会影响到生活水平。我想此观点用在加拿大房产投资也合适。也切不能急于买房而超出预算,然后紧张了自己的生活品质。

房地产只是一种投资方式,没有那么高深莫测。
:wdb45:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

谁有这样的父母,真是三生有幸啊。

古话说的好,姜还是嫩的辣,不听小人言吃亏在眼前,虎毒专食子,可怜天下儿女心。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

我们03年短登一个月就被经纪忽悠买了房。

当时被忽悠的一句话就是,你们现在不买,可能以后永远都买不起了。

你是要说你感谢你的经纪对吗?否则你犹豫到今天,也像祥林嫂一样天天想“我当时买就好了。”

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

你象个老太婆,唠叨个不停,一句话要重复好几遍,累不累啊!
给你赚钱机会还不要。

有人最怕听这句话,你不买,你下一代可能要租一辈子房子。这是中国现在的现实。10年前等房价下跌不买房的人,下一代可能就真要租一辈子房子。这也许是加拿大,尤其是多伦多的明天。这个看法不是只有我一个人有,本地人更有这种危机感。

在中国当下有句话“结婚不买房,就是耍流氓。”很难听,但说的对。现在都买不起,就不要说以后了,因为以后更买不起。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

房地产只是一种投资方式,没有那么高深莫测.

:wdb10: