斯坦福 IT

历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

The lummox has loused up their company‘s whole business.
     那个傻大个儿把公司的买卖搞的一团糟。
  
  The mad cat took a piss here and there.
     这只疯猫到处小便。
  
  The mayor really made a slip of the tongue!
     市长可真是说溜了嘴了!
  
  The news came as a bombshell.
     这个消息犹如晴天霹雳。
  
  The whole team was in the doghouse because they lost the game.
     由于输掉比赛,整队都陷入困境。
  
  Their opinions on art are simply for the birds.
     他们对艺术的见解真是荒唐可笑。
  
  There are a lot of ups and downs in one‘s life.
     生活中充满了太多盛衰的沉浮。
  
  There go the house lights.
     剧院的灯光灭了。
  
  There must be someone who had put him up to that.
     肯定有人怂恿他去干那件事。
  
  These are more than old wives’ tales.
     这些可不是无稽之谈。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

They are only too delighted to accept the invitation.
     他们非常乐意接受邀请。
  
  They drove the car and went out for a spin.
     他们开车到外面兜风去了。
  
  They help make it less of a dog’s life.
     他们帮忙改善生活。
  
  They slip out one by one and I was left holding the baby.
     他们一个个都跑掉了,剩下我来抱孩子。
  
  They treated us white.
     他们公平地对待我们。
  
  They’re a barrel of laughs.
     他们很搞笑。
  
  Think nothing of it.
     别挂记它。
  
  This experience will make me show my true color.
     这种经历将使我暴露我的本性。
  
  This draught occurs once in a blue moon.
     这场旱灾是百年不遇的。
  
  This guy he was in my face.
     他想从我这得到点什么。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

This is in way over my head.
     对我而言这实在太难了。
  
  This joke has gone a little too far.
     这个玩笑开得有点过火了。
  
  This movie was just a hype.
     这部电影完全是在炒作。
  
  To give him a pep talk!
     给他打打气儿。
  
  To me it is just peanuts.
     对我来讲,这太不值得了。
  
  To my joy, my son knows a thing or two about Italian.
     使我高兴的是,我儿子对意大利语还很精通哩。
  
  Tom always gets cold feet.
     汤姆总是裹足不前。
  
  Try to have a mind of your own.
     做有主见的人。
  
  Two of a trade never agree.
     同行是冤家。
  
  Variety is charming.
     丰富多彩就是美。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

We could make beautiful music together.
     我们也许会是和谐幸福的一对儿。
  
  We have three holidays in a row.
     我们连放三天假。
  
  We look forward to the dawn of better days.
     我们期待好日子的来临。
  
  We will take a chance on the weather and have the party outdoors.
     我们将冒天气的险在室外聚会。
  
  What a good deal!
     真便宜!
  
  What do you recommend?
     你推荐什么?
  
  What snacks do you like best?
     你最喜欢什么零食?
  
  What’s eating you?
     你有什么烦恼?
  
  What’s gotten into you?
     你怎么了?
  
  What‘s in it for me? = What‘s my cut? = What‘s my share?
     我有什么好处?
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

What’s the gag?
     这里面有什么奥妙?
  
  What‘s this regarding?
     请问这是关于哪一方面?
  
  What‘s on your mind?
     你在想什么?
  
  When do you hope to start a family?
     你希望什么时候生第一个孩子呢?
     (是不是误以为问什么时候成家呢:)
  
  When he asked me to marry him , I felt in a bind.
     当他向我求婚时,我感到很窘迫。
  
  When I knew I just being hired ,I jumped out of my skin.
     当我被录用时,我简直欣喜若狂。
  
  When it comes to fishing, I beat him by miles.
     讲到钓鱼,我比他棒的多~。
  
  Where are you headed?
     你要去哪里?
  
  Where can I have this gift wrapped?
     我到哪儿去包装这礼物?
  
  Where was I?
     我讲到哪儿了?
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Why should you always like to rib others?
     你为什么总拿别人开心?
  
  Will you give me credit for the call?
     请把这个电话销账好吗?
  
  With things as such ,we‘ll have to let things slide.
     事到如今,我们也只好顺其自然了。
  
  Work on the construction site was at full blast.
     建筑工地的工作已经全面展开。
  
  Would you care for a cup of coffee?
     你要不要来杯咖啡?
  
  Would you like a refill?
     你要不要再加满?
  
  Wow, the car is awesome. Can I get a load of it?
     哇,这车真是帅呆了。 我可以骑骑看吗?
  
  You are a dreamboat.
     你是位(异性所追求的)理想人选。
  
  You are always trying to get my goat.
     你总是想惹我发火。
  
  You can eat and drink your fill.
     你可以尽情地吃喝。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

You can trust him , for he‘s honest through and through.
     你可以信任他,他是真正诚实的。
  
  You can‘t beat me.
     (表示自己了不起。)
  
  You don‘t have a care in the world.
     你不知人间烦恼为何物。
  
  You don‘t say so!
     竟有这样的事!or我没听错吧!
  
  You gave me an awful pain in the neck.
     你真让我觉得讨厌。
  
  You have to pay in advance.
     你必须预先负钱。
  
  You hit the nail on the head.
     你真是一言中的。
  
  You owe me one.
     你欠我一个人情。
  
  You name it.
     你说出来。
  
  You need to make a case for your suggestions before you can get them approved.
     在你的建议得到批准之前,你必须提出充分的理由。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

You rose to the bait.
     你中圈套了。
  
  You set me up!
     你出卖我!
  
  You should give him a piece of your mind.
     你该向他表达你的不满。
  
  You should have a mind of your own.
     你必须有自己的主见。
  
  You should take advantage of it.
     你应该好好利用这个机会。
  
  You swept me off my feet.
     你使我神魂颠倒。
  
  You took the words right out of my mouth.
     你说的和我要说的一样。
  
  You were cheating me from the word go.
     从头到尾你都在骗我。
  
  You young devil’s spawn!
     你这小鬼!
  
  You‘re still wet behind the ears.
     你还嫩点儿。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

You‘re a jerk.
     你是个废物/混球。
  
  You‘re a joke.
     你真是一个小丑。
  
  You‘re a pain in the ass.
     你这讨厌鬼。
  
  You‘re an asshole.
     你这缺德鬼。
  
  You’re away too far.
     你太过分了。
  
  You‘re impossible.
     你真不可救药。
  
  You’re laying it on thick.
  你过奖了。
  
  You’ve got a point there.
     你说得挺有道理的。
  
  You’ve jumped on the bandwagon.
     随大流。
  
  You’ve ruined everything.
     全都让你搞砸了。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

You‘d better look before you leap.
     你最好三思而后行。
  
  You‘re laying it on thick.
     你过奖了。
  
  You’d better wise up.
     放聪明点。
  
  You‘d better take your fingers out.
     你最好现在就动手。(not 别插手~)
  
  Your explanation is as clear as mud.
     你的解释一点都不清晰。
  
  Your guess is as good as mine.
     你猜的和我一样。
  
 

注册或登录来发表评论

您必须是注册会员才可以发表评论

注册帐号

注册帐号. 太容易了!

登录

已有帐号? 在这里登录.

Similar threads

顶部