斯坦福 IT

历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

(四十)
  1.Does it ring a bell?
   它熟吗?
  2.Are you going to Paris for good?
   你们要去巴黎永久居住吗?
  3.For the time being.
   暂时的。
  4.I‘d like to have telephone service.
   我想要装电话。
  5.Could you speak up,please?
   能不能请你说话大声点?
  6.I enjoyed your company.
   我喜欢有你作伴。
  7.God bless you!
   愿老天保佑你。
  8.We have three holidays in a row.
   我们连放三天假。
  9.After you ,please!
   你先走,请。
  10.Don‘t beat around the bush.
   别拐弯抹角。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

(四十一)
  1.Push five,please.
   请按五楼。
  2.Math is beyond me.
   我对数学无能为力。
  3.I have to watch my weight.
   我必须注意我的体重。
  4.Where was I?
   我讲到哪儿了?
  5.I‘m working on it.
   我正在努力。
  6.I can‘t come up with it.
   我做不到。
  7.I‘ll keep my eye open.
   我会多留意。
  8.Could you page Mr.Stone,please?
   请广播找石头先生好吗?
  9.It isn‘t much.
   那是微不足道的。
  10.I‘m feeling under the weather.
   我觉得不舒服。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

(四十二)
  1.Don‘t get me wrong.
   别误会我。
  2.How late are you open?
   你们营业到几点?
  3.A fifty-fifty chance.
   五成的机会。
  4.She stood me up.
   她让我白等了。
  5.What‘s this regarding?
   请问这是关于哪一方面?
  6.May I see your boarding pass,please?
   我可以看看你的登机证吗?
  7.You have to pay in advance.
   你必须预先负钱。
  8.Stick around.
   在附近逗留。
  9.I like the soaps.
   我喜欢连续剧。
  10.I‘m an average player.
   我打得普通。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

(四十三)
  1.It‘ll come to me.
   我会想起来的。
  2.You name it.
   你说出来。
  3.I‘ll play it by ear.
   随兴之所致吧。
  4.You should take advantage of it.
   你应该好好利用这个机会。
  5.Let‘s talk over coffee.
   我们边和咖啡边聊。
  6.Your guess is as good as mine.
   你猜的和我一样。
  7.I‘m easy to please.
   我很容易取悦。
  8.Would you like a refill?
   你要不要再加满?
  9.As far as I‘m concerned.
   就我而言。
  10.He‘s behind the times.
   他落伍了。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

(四十四)
  1.Do you take cream in your coffee?
   你咖啡要加奶水吗?
  2.I‘m pressed for time.
   我的时间紧迫。
  3.You took the words right out of my mouth.
   你说的和我要说的一样。
  4.I‘m up to my ears in work.
   我的工作繁重。
  5.Where can I have this gift wrapped?
   我到哪儿去包装这礼物?
  6.I‘d like to have this prescription filled.
   我要照这药房配药。
  7.Just to be on the safe side.
   为了安全起见。
  8.Do you have a single room available?
   你们有空的单人房吗?
  9.How often do you work out?
   你多久做一次运动?
  10.I hope I didn‘t offend you.
   希望我没使你生气。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

(四十五)
  1.She‘s a chocoholic.
   她是个嗜食巧克力的人。
  2.To give him a pep talk!
   给他打打气儿。
  3.Saturn has several moons.
   土星有好几个卫星环绕它运转。
  4.A bargain is a bargain.
   达成的协议不可撕毁。
  5.Oh you‘re so slim!
   你真是太苗条了。
  6.He‘s getting a little bit plump.
   他有一点胖~。
  7.Her parents spent great efforts to groom her for a violinist.
   她的父母花了很大精力来培养她成为一名小提琴演奏家。
  8.He hooted with laughter.
   他大笑了起来。
  9.She kept a straight face.
   她忍住没有笑。
  10.This guy he was in my face.
   他想从我这得到点什么。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

终结篇
  A bargain is a bargain.
     达成的协议不可撕毁。
  
  A close call!
     太危险了。
  
  A fifty-fifty chance.
     五成的机会。
  
  A flash in the pan.
     昙花一现。
  
  A series of volcanic eruptions developed along the fault.
     一系列的火山爆发正在断层带酝酿。
  
  After you , please!
     你先走,请。
  
  All set?
     一切妥当?
  
  Are you going to Paris for good?
     你们要去巴黎永久居住吗?
  
  As far as policy is concerned , I have to say something.
     谈到政策,我得说几句。
  
  As far as I‘m concerned.
     就我而言。
  
  By my guest.
     请便。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Can you give me a rain check on that?
     你可以改天再请我吗?
  
  Can‘t you do anything right?
     成事不足,败事有余。
  
  Close the door after you , please.
     请随手关门。
  
  Clothes make the man.
     人要衣装。
  
  Chances are slim.
     机会很小。
  
  Could you fill in for him?
     你能代替他吗?
  
  Could you speak up, please?
     能不能请你说话大声点?
  
  Could you page Mr. Stone, please?
     请广播找石头先生好吗?
  
  Cut it out. = Go on. =Knock it off.
     不要这个样子啦~
  
  Do to hell!
  滚蛋!
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Do you have any openings?
     你们有空缺吗?
  
  Do you have a single room available?
     你们有空的单人房吗?
  
  Do you take cream in your coffee?
     你咖啡要加奶水吗?
  
  Does it ring a bell?
     它熟吗?
  
  Don‘t beat around the bush.
     别拐弯抹角。
  
  Don‘t chicken out. Be a man.
     不要退缩了。
  
  Don‘t dream away your time.
     不要虚度光阴。
  
  Don‘t get me wrong.
     别误会我。
  
  Don’t give me a hard time!
     别跟我过不去好不好!
  
  Don‘t give me your attitude.
     别跟我摆架子。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Don’t jump on me.
   不要跟我发火。
  
  Don‘t nag me!
     别在我面前唠叨!
  
  Don’t panic.
  不要慌啊!
  
  Don’t play the goat.
     不要胡闹。
  
  Don‘t pull the chairs about, boys!
     不要把椅子拖来拖去,孩子们!
  
  Don‘t push me.
     别逼我。
  
  Don’t sell yourself short.
     别看轻自己。
  
  Don‘t tell others. Let sleeping dogs lie.
     不要告诉别人。莫惹是非。
  
  Don‘t trust to chance.
     别碰运气。
  
  Don‘t you dare come back again?
     你敢再回来!
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Draw your chair up to the table.
     把你的椅子拉到桌子旁边来。
  
  Drop dead.
  走开点。 (去死吧!)
  
  Drop me a line!
     写封信给我。
  
  Drop me off at the Hilton.
     载我到希尔顿。
  
  Early rising makes for good health.
     早起有助于身体健康。
  
  Encore!
     再来一次。
  
  Every bad has some good.
     坏事情也有好的一面。
  
  Every time I see you , you leave me out in the cold.
     每次我见到你,你都不理睬我。
  
  Facing his enemy , he had to play it by ear.
     面队敌人,他只有随机应变了。
  
  Far from it.
     一点也不。
  
  Farewell!
     再见啦。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

First come, first served.
     捷足先登。
  
  Foot the bill.
     付账。
  
  For the old time sake,please give me a hand this time.
     看在旧日关系的面子上,请帮我这一回。
  
  For the time being.
     暂时的。
  
  Fresh!
     好有型。
  
  Get off my back.
     少跟我罗嗦。
  
  Get over yourself.
     别自以为是。
  
  Get the hell out of here.
     滚开。
  
  Give me a ball park figure.
     给我一个大概的数字。
  
  Give me a break。
     饶了我吧。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Give me a hand.
     帮我一下忙。
  
  Give me some feedback.
     给我些建议吧。
  
  Go ahead with your plan. I’m all for it.
     进行你的计划吧,我完全赞成。
  
  God bless you!
   愿老天保佑你。
  
  Gorgeous!
     美极了。
  
  Great minds think alike.
     英雄所见略同。 
  
  He always goofs off.
     他总是糊里糊涂。
  
  He always likes to play a lone hand.
     他喜欢单枪匹马地去干。
  
  He double-crossed me.
     他出卖了我。
  
  Have you ever seen your old fame?
     你还见过你的旧情人吗?
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

He is a nut.
     他有点神经病。
  
  He is a phoney.
     他是一个骗子。
  
  He is trying to cash in on me.
     他想占我便宜。
  
  He is the man behind the curtain(scenes).
     他是幕后人物。
  
  He is in a jam.
     他可糟了。
  
  He is heavily insured against death.
     他给自己投了巨额的人身保险。
  
  He is capable of any crime.
     他什么样的坏事都能干得出来。
  
  He is about to explode.
     他的肺都快要气炸了。
  
  He is really on the ball.
     他真的思路很敏捷。
  
  He is a fast talker.
     他老是说得天花乱坠。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

He dare not tell us his evil conduct.
     他不敢告诉我们他的罪行。
  He gave me a black look.
     他恶狠狠地看了我一眼。
  
  He got off on the wrong foot when he started doing.
     他一开始就出师不利。
  
  He got to know the ins and outs of the accidents.
     他终于弄清了事件的前因后果。
  
  He got savoir-faire.
     言行得体。
  
  He had racked his brain.
     他已经绞尽脑汁了。
  
  He has a lot on the ball.
     他很能干。
  
  He has a nice sum of money put away.
     他存了一大笔钱。
  
  He has a remarkable memory.
     他有惊人的记忆力。
  
  He has his faults, but all in all, he is a good guy.
     他有不对的地方,但总的来说,他还是个不错的家伙。
  
  He has never rested on his laurels.
     他从不满足目前的成就。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

He hit upon a plan to defeat his antagonist.
     他突然想出了一个挫败他的对手的计划。
  
  He hooted with laughter.
     他大笑了起来。
  
  He just stepped out.
     他刚刚出去。
  
  He left his wife high and dry.
     他抛弃了他的妻子。
  
  He lives only a stone‘s throw from here.
     他住的地方离这儿只有一箭之遥。
  
  He may show up soon.
     他马上就回来。
  
  He ran his horse up the hill.
     他策马跑上小山。
  
  He sat there without turning an eyelash.
     他泰然自若地坐在那边。
  
  He sat with his arms across the chest.
     他坐在那里,双臂交叉于胸前。
  
  He struck his attacker on the ear.
     他打了那个攻击者一耳光。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

He suddenly realized that he had been made a monkey of by his opponents.
     他突然发现自己被对手给耍了。
  
  He told me to get lost.
     他叫我走开。
  
  He walks with a quick pace.
     他快步走路。
  
  He was put on the spot.
     他已经给人打死了。
  
  He will give me cradle-to-grave protection.
     他将保护我一生一世。
  
  He will not turn the cold shoulder on me when I am in trouble.
     他不会在我困难时疏远我。
  
  He won a monkey at the horse races.
  他在跑马中赢了500美元。
  
  His argument doesn’t hold water.
     他的论点站不住脚。
  
  He‘s a brain.
     他可是个有头脑的人。
  
  He’s always on the go.
     他永远是前进的。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

He‘s behind the times.
     他落伍了。
  
  He’s down and out.
     他已经完了。
  
  He‘s getting a little bit plump.
     他有一点胖~。
  
  He‘s gone for the day.
     他今天已经走了。
  
  He‘s tied up.
     他走不开。
  
  He‘ll be out and about very soon.
     他很快就能到户外活动了。
  
  Her parents spent great efforts to groom her for a violinist.
     她的父母花了很大精力来培养她成为一名小提琴演奏家。
  
  His speech was given a warm reception by the crowd.
     他的讲话受到了群众的热烈反对~。
  
  How can we know whether a person is on the up and up by his appearance!
     从一个人的外表我们怎么能知道他是坦率的呢!
  
  How could he be so two-faced?
     他怎么能这么阴一套阳一套的?
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

How dare you!
     你敢!
  
  How do I address you?
     我怎么称呼你?
  
  How late are you open?
     你们营业到几点?
  
  How often do you work out?
     你多久做一次运动?
  
  Here or to go?
     要在这里吃还是带走?
  
  I beat my brains (out) to get a job.
     为了找寻工作,我伤透了脑筋。
  
  I blinded with science.
     无言以对。
  
  I broke my neck to add slangs here.
     我努力地往这里添加俚语 :)
  
  I can‘t come up with it.
     我做不到。
  
  I can‘t burn the candle at both ends forever.
     我不能永远这么消耗精力。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I can‘t help it.
     我没办法。
  
  I can‘t pinpoint it.
     我没办法明确地指出来。
  
  I can‘t see you quickly enough.
     我巴不得尽快见你。
  
  I can‘t think of it off hand.
     我一时想不起来。
  
  I detest you!
     我恨你。
  
  I didn‘t know. I was only a shot in the dark.
     我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。
  
  I didn‘t mean to pour cold water on your idea.
     我本不想给你的想法浇冷水的。
  
  I don‘t have the vaguest idea.
     我一点也不知道。
  
  I don‘t know what has set my nerves on edge these days.
     这几天不知是什么把我搞的心烦意乱的。
  
  I enjoyed your company.
     我喜欢有你做伴。
  
 

注册或登录来发表评论

您必须是注册会员才可以发表评论

注册帐号

注册帐号. 太容易了!

登录

已有帐号? 在这里登录.

Similar threads

顶部