斯坦福 IT

历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I fast a day every week.
     我每周绝食一天。
  
  I got a big kick out of it.
     这件事真令我开心。
  
  I have a sweet tooth.
     我喜欢吃甜食。
  
  I have a bottomed-down mind.
     我是个没什么独到见解的人。
  
  I have no direction, I just go wherever the winds blows.
   我没有方向,只是随风到处飘。
  
  I have to get rid of my car.
     我必须把我的车子脱手。
  
  I have to brush up on my English.
     我得温习英文。
  
  I have to watch my weight.
     我必须注意我的体重。
  
  I haven‘t got a good house, but I‘ll keep a good house.
     我没有好的房子,但是我会招待周到的。
  
  I hope I didn‘t offend you.
     希望我没使你生气。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I hope you saved room for dessert.
  我希望你留了点肚子吃甜点。
  
  I hope your idea takes wings.
     我希望你的想法成真。
  
  I just keep my head above water.
     (生活)还凑合!
  
  I knew from the word go what to do next.
     我很快知道了下一步怎么做。
  
  I like raisins and kebabs.
     我喜欢吃葡萄干和肉串。 :)
  
  I like the soaps.
     我喜欢连续剧。
  
  I looked high and low for my pen.
     我到处找我的钢笔。
  
  I lost the door key about here.
     我在这附近掉了门钥匙。
  
  I only have eyes for you.
     我只在乎你。
  
  I really need to blow off some steam!
     我得舒缓一下压力。
  
  I share your enthusiasm.
     谢谢关心(不耐烦的)。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I smelled a smell of cooking.
     我闻到了烧菜做饭的味道。
  
  I think I get the drift.
     我知道了。
  
  I think you’ve put your finger on it.
     你说到点子上了。
  
  I told him to beat it.
     我叫他走开。
  
  I tossed and turned all night.
     我整晚翻来覆去。
  
  I wasn‘t born yesterday.
     我又不是三岁小孩子。
  
  I wish that you would put your cards on the table.
     我希望你干脆把话挑明。
  
  I wouldn‘t freeload.
     我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I’ll back you up all the way.
     我完全支持你。
  
  I’ll buy it.
     我赞成。
  
  I‘ll come back before you know it.
  我很快就回来。
  
  I‘ll keep my eye open.
     我会多留意。
  
  I’ll make it up to you.
     我一定会补偿你的。
  
  I‘ll play it by ear.
     随兴之所致吧。
  
  I’ll put everything in black and white!
     我会把所有事情白纸黑字写清楚。
  
  I‘ll see to it.
     我会留意的。
  
  I‘ll speak against anything I know to be wrong.
     我会对所有我认为不对的事情直言不讳。
  
  I‘ll try to smooth things over.
     我会妥善处理。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I‘m a chair zucchini.
     我是个电脑迷。
  
  I‘m a man of my word.
     我是个讲信用的人。
  
  I‘m an average player.
     我打得普通。
  
  I‘m afraid I can‘t let you.
     恐怕我不能答应你。
  
  I‘m all fingers and thumbs this mornings.
     今天早上我的手怎么这么笨呢?
  
  I’m always punctual.
     我总是很准时。
  
  I’m an exam jitter.
     我一考试就紧张。
  
  I’m beat.
     我累死了。
  
  I‘m being helped.
     有人招呼我。
  
  I‘m broke.
     我没什么钱。
  
  I‘m easy to please.
     我很容易取悦
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I‘m fed up.
     我厌倦了。
  
  I‘m feeling under the weather.
     我觉得不舒服。
  
  I‘m from Missouri.
     你骗不了我。
  
  I‘m hard up.
     我经济很困难。
  
  I‘m just browsing.
     我只是随便看看。
  
  I’m mad about Bruce Lee.
     我迷死李小龙了。
  
  I’m not good at speaking off the cuff.
     我不擅长即兴演讲。
  
  I‘m not going to put up with this!
     我再也受不了啦!
  
  I‘m not myself today.
     我今天心神不定。
  
  I‘m on my way.
     我就上路。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I‘m only waiting for the green light from you.
     我在等您的允许.
  
  I‘m pressed for time.
     我的时间紧迫。
  
  I‘m really crazy about Michael Jackson‘s rock and roll.
     我对麦克杰克逊的摇滚爱的发狂。
  
  I’m sick of always waiting for you!
     你老让我等你,真是烦透了。
  
  I‘m so surprised that you have the face to do so!
     你怎么有脸做出这样的事!
  
  I’m the apple of my grandma‘s eye.
     我是姥姥的掌上明珠。
  
  I‘m through with you.
     我和你完了。
  
  I‘m totally maxed out.
     我真是完全累坏了。
  
  I’m up to my ears in work.
     我忙的不可开交。
  
  I‘m working on it.
     我正在努力。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

I‘d do anything to see you crack a smile.
     为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事。
  
  I‘d like a refund.
     我想退钱。
  
  I‘d like to have telephone service.
     我想要装电话。
  
  I‘d like to have this prescription filled.
     我要照这药房配药。
  
  I‘d like to repair our differences.
     我愿意消除一下我们之间的分歧。
  
  I‘ve been dying to meet you.
     我非常非常想见到你。
  
  I‘ve had enough of your garbage.
     我听腻了你的废话。
  
  If I were in your shoes,I wouldn‘t do it that way.
     如果我是你的话,我不会那样做的。
  
  If the shoe fits ,wear it.
     如果是真的就承认吧。
  
  If you don‘t want to lose me, you‘d better lay it on the line.
     如果你不想失去我,就最好一五一十地告诉我。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

If you remain stuck-up, they will often try to pull your leg.
     假如你还是目中无人的话,他们会常常想愚弄你的。
  
  In doing we learn.
     经一事,长一智。
  
  In his speech Mr. Brown laid stress on the sagacity of cats.
     布朗先生在他的讲座里强调了猫的灵性。
  
  In her hometown ,she was a big fish in a small pond.
     在她家乡,她很了不起。
  
  It isn‘t much.
     那是微不足道的。
  
  It rained at intervals this month.
     这个月不时地下雨。
  
  It slipped my mind.
     我忘了。
  
  It‘ll come to me.
     我会想起来的。
  
  It‘s a deal!
     真便宜。
  
  It’s a hard nut to crack.
  这是一件棘手的事情。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

It’s a hit.
     这件事很受人欢迎。
  
  It’s a lot of chicken feed.
     这是小意思,不算什么。
  
  It‘s a pain in the neck.
     那真是难过的事。
  
  It’s all Greek to me.
     我全不懂。
  
  It‘s better than nothing.
     总比什么都没有好。
  
  It‘s full of hot air.
     这是雷声大雨点小。
  
  It‘s in God‘s hands and we have prepared for the worst.
     听天由命吧,我们已经做最坏的准备了。
  
  It’s my cup of tea.
     这很合我胃口。
  
  It‘s no use talking to him ,you‘ll only waste your breath.
     和谈谈话没有一点用处,你只是在白费唇舌。
  
  It‘s not that he doesn‘t like to help, but that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
     他不是不愿意帮助你,而是他心有余而力不足。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

It’s on the house.
     这是免费的。
  
  It’s on me this time.
     这次我请客。
  
  It‘s only wishful thinking.
     这只是一厢情愿的想法。
  
  It’s righteous!
     真是酷毙了。
  
  It‘s supposed to start 6:30 sharp, but I doubt it will.
     应该是六点半整的,但是我觉得够呛。
  
  It’s up in the air.
     悬而未决。
  
  Jack, with a body well proportioned, about the middling, a pair of intense big eyes, has become the target of many pretty girls.
     杰克体形匀称,个头儿适中,一双大眼睛炯炯有神,成了许多女孩子追求的目标。
  
  John took out a loan to pay his tuition.
     约翰贷款交付学费。
  
  John‘s friends said he was mistaken , but he stood his ground.
     约翰的朋友都说他错了,可是他仍然坚持己见。
  
  Just cool your heels!
     好了,安静会儿吧!
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Just to be on the safe side.
     为了安全起见。
  
  Keep your temper under control.
     不要发脾气。
  
  Let bygones be bygones. We are still friends.
     让过去的过去吧,我们还是好朋友。
  
  Let‘s call it a day.
     我们今天到此为止。
  
  Let’s find a happy medium.
     我们还是找一个折衷的办法。
  
  Let’s forgive and forget.
     尽弃前嫌。
  
  Let‘s put a roof over one’s head.
     咱们找个地方安顿吧。
  
  Let‘s talk over coffee.
     我们边和咖啡边聊。
  
  Li Ming is the black sheep of his family.
     李明是个败家子。
  
  Look at this mess!
     看看这烂摊子!
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Looking out upon the sea of faces, Mr. A delivered a touching speech.
     望着一片人山人海的听众,A先生发表一篇动人的演说。
  
  Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
     爱情就像照片,需要大量的暗房时间来培养。
  
  Lunch is on me.
     午饭我请客。
  
  Mary has a real hang-up about cats and doesn‘t like to be in the same room with them.
     玛丽对猫有一种摆脱不掉的厌烦,因此不愿意和猫同一个房间。
  
  Mary wanted to buy that painting by Picasso, but another millionaire beat her to the draw.
     玛丽想买毕加索的那幅画,不过另一个百万富翁捷足先登了。
  
  May I ask you a question point-blank?
     我可以坦白问你一个问题吗?
  
  May I see your boarding pass, please?
     我可以看看你的登机证吗?
  
  Mind you eye!
     当心!
  
  Mind your own business!
     管好你自己的事!
  
  Mr. Nixon said, "we two countries have common interests over and above our differences."
     尼克松先生说:“我们两国出了有分歧,也有共同利益。”
  ( 注:over and above 没有在……之上的意思,它相当于besides.)
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

My mouth is watering.
     我流口水了。
  
  Math is beyond me.
     我对数学无能为力。
  
  Never cackle till your egg is laid.
     事未完成莫夸耀。
  
  Never say die. Try again and you‘ll probably succeed.
     别灰心,再试一次,你会成功的。
  
  No big talk with me. I have your number.
     别跟我瞎吹了,我又不是不了解你底细。
  
  No dice.
     不行。
  
  No fear!
     不会的!or肯定没有这种可能性!
  
  No, I won’t lend you the money, you‘ve had it!
  不, 我不会把钱借给你的, 你别指望了!
  
  Not on your life!
     绝不。
  
  Not that I know of.
     没这回事
  
  Nuts!
     胡说!
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Oh, my aching back!
  啊呀,天啊,真糟!
  
  Oh, you‘re so slim!
     你真是太苗条了。
  
  Our hopes were all gone.
     我们的希望成泡影了。
  
  Our team gained the upper hand.
     我们队占上风。
  
  Over my dead body!
     休想!
  
  Play to the score.
     见机行事。
  
  Please behave yourself before the guests.
     在宾客面前你检点一点。
  
  Please bend the rules at times.
     请网开一面。
  
  Pull over!
     把车子开到旁边。
  
  Push five, please.
     请按五楼。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Really? You‘re so bad!
     真的吗?你真棒!
  
  Same here.
  我也一样。
  
  Saturn has several moons.
     土星有好几个卫星环绕它运转。
  
  She doesn‘t know beans about the insurance business at all.
     她对保险业务一窍不通。
  
  She eats like a bird.
     她饭量特别小。
  
  She has two left feet.
     她总是笨手笨脚的。
  
  She is a chocoholic.
     她是个嗜食巧克力的人。
  
  She is a knock out.
     她美得让人倾倒。
  
  She is as mild as a dove.
     她很温和。
  
  She is coming on to you.
     她对你有意思。
  
  She jumped down my throat.
     她生气地批评我。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

She kept a straight face.
     她忍住没有笑。
  
  She knows her beans in working.
     她在工作方面很精通。
  
  She seems like a cold fish.
     她看上去冷冰冰的。
  
  She stood me up.
     她让我白等了。
  
  She turns me off.
     她使我厌恶。
  
  She used to learn everything by rote.
     她过去总是死记硬背。
  
  Since he is as silly as a goose , he will not get a promotion.
     既然他如此的不开窍,他肯定得不到提升的。
  
  Something‘s come up.
     有事。
  
  So, you finally broke the ice.
     你终于打破了僵局。
  
  So far so good.
     目前为止,一切都好。
  
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Some things rub them the wrong way.
     他们被惹怒了。
  
  Someday, when your ship comes in ,you‘ll build your dream house.
     总有一天,当你有钱时,你会建造你梦想的家。
  
  Someday you‘re going to have to face the music for your actions.
     总有一天,你将不得不承担自己的行为所带来的后果。
  
  Spill one’s guts!
     说出实情。
  
  Stick around.
     在附近逗留。
  
  Stone has always had a crush on Baby.
   石头一直在爱着宝贝。
  
  Stop pulling my leg.
     不要开我玩笑了。
  
  Suit yourself.
     随你便。
  
  Talking about the size of population, India is next only to China.
     从人口数量方面讲,印度仅次于中国。
  
  Take a hike!
     哪儿凉快哪儿歇着去吧。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

Tell me what‘s your beef?
     你抱怨什么?
  
  Tell me your story, I‘m all ears.
     告诉我你的故事,我洗耳恭听。
  
  That cat jumps.
     形势清楚了。
  
  That boy never says uncle.
     那个孩子的嘴特别硬。
  
  That politician cries wolf in every speech he makes.
     那个政治家在他的每篇演说中都在撒谎。
  
  That will be the day.
     要有这么一天就好了。
  
  That was a close call.
     那真是千钧一发。
  
  That’ll save your skin.
     那可帮你度过难关。
  
  That’s a good gimmick.
     那是一个好办法。
  
  That‘s a rip-off.
     那是敲诈。
 

生命的狂想

烽火移民路
回复: 历时三年积累下的经典俚语~ (ZT)

That’s always the case.
     习以为常了。
  
  That‘s enough of your back talk.
     不许你回嘴。
  
  The criminal tried to grasp at a straw by feigning mental disorder.
     罪犯装疯,企图抓住一根救命稻草。
  
  The boss spent money like water.
     那老板花钱大手大脚的。
  
  The brothers differ from each other in their interests.
     这几个兄弟各有所好。
  
  The fighter planes saved our necks.
     空军的战斗机保全了我们的生命。
  
  The girl was brave enough, but being outnumbered, she was finally knocked into the middle of next week by the gang.
     她很勇敢,但终因寡不敌众,被那帮人搭晕过去。
  
  The good seaman is known in bad weather.
     惊涛骇浪,方显英雄本色。
  
  The judge will put him behind bars for at least two years.
     法官最少也会判他坐两年牢。
  
  The kitchen sink is clogged up.
     厨房的水槽阻塞了。
 

注册或登录来发表评论

您必须是注册会员才可以发表评论

注册帐号

注册帐号. 太容易了!

登录

已有帐号? 在这里登录.

Similar threads

顶部