斯坦福 IT

Daily ESL: 三个月粗通英语

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: Daily ESL: 三个月粗通英语

俺这初级水平实在不好意思,也没有过多的相关资料,下面网站有一些VISA、Hotel等相关介绍,不过对于你这样专业人士可能都是些皮毛。

我建议您如果把现在的工作作为长期的职业发展考虑,是否可以上个college的相关专业更为合适?

http://www.chinatour.com/
很有帮助,感谢!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Pharmacy:

Pharmacy:
Prescription Drugs and Over-the-Counter Medicationhttp://www.dailyesl.com/pharmacy.htm

I was feeling under the weather yesterday, so I went to the doctor, and she prescribed some medication for my illness. I took the prescription she wrote out, and I went to a local pharmacy near my house. I gave the prescription to the pharmacist, and he said it would take a few minutes to fill it. In the meantime, I walked around the pharmacy to find some over-the-counter medication for my flu symptoms. After a while, the pharmacist called my name, explained how to take the medication, and reviewed with me some of the potential side effects. As it turns out, I have to take two capsules, twice a day, for one week for one of the medications, and I have to take one pill after eating, once a day, for the other medication. The pharmacist said that the medication could make me drowsy, so I shouldn't drive after taking it. He said that my problem should clear up within two weeks. However, when I told my grandmother about my visit to the doctor, she claimed that if I took her home remedy for the problem---eating her secret onion and garlic chicken soup---I wouldn't need to take all the other medicine.

over-the-counter (药物)不需处方但可合法出售的over-the-counter medication非处方药
potential side effects潜在的副作用

vanillaice

To the Moon★By the Sea
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

我想不起来你是谁,这句话英语怎说。有时一时想不起来来电的客人是谁,该怎么表达。谢了!即”一时想不起来你是谁?“这句话怎讲?
所以说打电话的时候要自报家门啊。
另外,如果是在电话里的话,直接问who is that?应该没问题的。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Pizza Restaurant

Pizza Restauranthttp://www.dailyesl.com/pizza.htm
I eat pizza at least once a week with my roommate. I usually order a large pizza with three toppings: sausage, pepperoni, and green onions, but my roommate doesn't like sausage or green onions, so we usually order a half-and-half pizza. On one half, we order the toppings I like, and on the other half, he asks for mushrooms, bacon, and olives. We both like thick crust, so we can agree on that. Also, we order extra cheese on the pizza. Besides the pizza, we usually order bread sticks and a 2-liter bottle of drink. Some pizza restaurants run weekly specials, so if you buy two pizzas at the regular price, you get the third pizza at a discount. So, if we have pizza leftover from a party, we throw it in the fridge and eat it for the next several days.

topping:食物上面的调料,奶油或装饰物​

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Listening Conversation

http://www.esl-lab.com/pizza/pizzard1.htm

1. Which topping is NOT mentioned as one available from this pizza shop?
A. bacon
B. mushrooms
C. Italian chicken

2. What pizza does the man finally order?
A. pepperoni and green peppers on one half and Italian sausage and black olives on the other
B. pepperoni and Italian sausage on one half and green peppers and bacon on the other
C. pepperoni and mushrooms on one half and green peppers and Italian sausage on the other

3. What else does the man order with his pizza?
A. a salad and orange juice
B. bread sticks and a beverage
C. a drink and chicken sticks

4. What was the total of his order?
A. $15.19
B. $15.90
C. $15.99
5. What is the man's telephone number and address?
A. 3040 South 60 East at 340-1870
B. 1314 South 16 East at 340-1870
C. 1340 South 16 East at 340-1870

小鹌鹑

没事偷着乐
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

哈,说到吃的我就来劲了,全部答对。
补充:dipping就是吃pizza沾的料,比如cream onion.
pizza shop里还有卖Veggi sticks蔬菜条,garlic bread,onion rings, Mozzarella sticks起士条, French fries 薯条。。。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Post Office:

Post Office:
Postage Stamps and Mail Delivery

This morning, I went to the post office to take care of some business. First, I bought a sheet of postage stamps to some mail letters that were sitting on my desk. Then, I wanted to send a package to a business associate(partner) with some fragile items, so I packaged everything in bubble wrap and enclosed a letter describing the contents. The man at the counter weighed the box, and I had to fill out a form indicating the contents of the box and its value. Finally, I sent a certified letter to a colleague, and he will have to sign for it when it arrives. Certified letters are used to prove that the other person received it. I also have a number of international friends with whom I correspond regularly. Postage for overseas mail costs more than local postage rates, but you can always cut down on postage by sending a postcard instead of a regular letter.

correspond with sb : 与 通信

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Shoe Store:

Shoe Store:
Athletic and Casual Footwear
The new school year is just around the corner, so we took the family to the shoe store to buy some new shoes. Our kids have outgrown many of their shoes, so we first measured their shoe size. Our youngest kids needed athletic shoes for playing outside and for participating in gym class at school. They tried on several pairs of shoes until they found some that fit just right. My older son needed some casual shoes for school, and we found some on sale. The first pair he tried on were a little snug, so he put on another pair, and they fit him like a glove. Perfect. Not too tight and not too big. My oldest daughter needed dress shoes for formal occasions, so we bought her some high heels. Personally, I bought myself some hiking boots because my old ones were worn out and didn't have any traction. My new ones have sturdy rubber soles and are waterproof. I hope our kids shoes last for the year.

athletic shoes :运动鞋
casual shoes :便装鞋,休闲鞋
snug:不确切,是不是有点紧脚??
fit him like a glove :非常合身,不大不小