斯坦福 IT

Daily ESL: 三个月粗通英语

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Supermarket: Buying Groceries

Supermarket: Buying Groceries
I usually go to the supermarket about once or twice a week to buy groceries. Since I do a lot of shopping, I usually need a shopping cart to carry everything. I first stop by the deli counter to pick up some sliced cheese. Then, I look for some fruits and vegetables in the produce section, but I make sure they are fresh. My kids like milk, so I swing by the dairy section and grab a few gallons of milk. Also, there are times when I don't have much time to cook, so I usually pick up some microwaveable meals in the frozen food section. If the store is out of stock of any of the items I need, then I drop by a different supermarket on my way home. I generally pay with cash at the checkout counter.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Train Station

Train Station
I always take the train to work. At the station, I walk up to a ticket machine, select my destination by pressing a button on the machine, insert the correct change, and press another button to purchase a ticket. When the ticket comes out, I take it and go through the gate to the train platform. At some stations, there is a ticket window where I can buy a ticket and then pass through a wicket machine. While I'm waiting for the train, I sometimes buy a newspaper at a kiosk (newstand), and I might grab something to drink. Smoking is prohibited on the platform to protect everyone's health. When the train approaches, people start lining up behind the yellow line. If the train is very crowded, I sometimes wait for the next train. When the train arrives, I get on and find a seat. Often, the train is packed with passengers, so I just have to stand.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Listening Comprehension

Train Tickets
http://esl-lab.com/trainnew/index.htm

1. Where does the man want to go?
A. to the science museum
B. to the art museum
C. to the natural history museum

2. How much is the train ride?
A. a dollar fifteen
B. a dollar forty
C. a dollar fifty

3. Where should the man get on the train?
A. platform number 3
B. platform number 4
C. platform number 5

4. How often do the trains come?
A. about every five minutes
B. about every six minutes
C. about every seven minutes
5. Where should the man get off the train?
A. at the State Street Station
B. at the Star Palace Station
C. at the Seventh Street Station

hugh9905

尘世中一迷途小羔
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: Daily ESL: 三个月粗通英语

最近忙,工作也开始动荡起来,跟不上进度了,来自我检讨一下:wdb14:
lala加油啊,上次和狮子见面还聊到你们去加买农场的计划呢:wdb6:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Used Car Dealership

Used Car Dealership
If you are looking for a car to drive, you can either buy a used vehicle (previously-owned car) or a new one. I suggest you buy a used car, but there are a few things you should keep in mind to get the best deal. First of all, be sure to shop around for the best used car, and you should visit a used car dealership that you can trust. Your friends might be able to tell you which places have good reputations. Next, be sure you know beforehand the prices of the types of cars you want to buy, so you don't end up spending more than a car is worth. Next, don't immediately accept the sticker price on the car. Of course, keep in mind that the car salesman is out to make a profit, so you can haggle(砍价) over the price to make sure you are satisfied. Next, you might be able to trade in (折价卖)your old vehicle for some money to reduce the price on the car you want to buy. Finally, you might want to take the car to an independent mechanic to have a complete inspection to see if there are any problems with the vehicle. Better safe than sorry.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
听力测试

http://www.esl-lab.com/car/carrd1.htm

前三个问题很简单,后面两个懵的

1. How old is the minivan the woman is looking at?
A. three years old
B. five years old
C. seven years old

2. What is the vehicle's mileage?
A. 55,000 miles
B. 65,000 miles
C. 75,000 miles

3. What is the problem with the minivan's door?
A. It has several scratches in it.
B. It will not open properly.
C. It is missing the door handle.

4. What is one thing the extended warranty would NOT cover on the vehicle according to the conversation?
A. a faulty oil pump
B. a malfunctioning gage
C. a worn out break drum
5. If the manager lowered the price as the salesman suggests, what would the final price be?
A. $15,475
B. $15,575
C. $15,675

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Dental Care: Brushing Your Teeth

Dental Care: Brushing Your Teeth
Every morning, I brush my teeth right after I eat breakfast. I put a little toothpaste on my toothbrush and then brush for about two or three minutes. I brush up and down to reach the spaces between my teeth. I also use dental floss to remove food particles (饭渣)between my teeth. I used to use an electric toothbrush, but it didn't work very well. I'm also using a tooth whitening kit(美白牙套) to whiten my teeth because I think a brighter smile will make a better impression on people and will give me more self-confidence. When I finish brushing, I rinse my mouth and my toothbrush. Then, I put my toothbrush away in the bathroom medicine cabinet(药箱).

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
听力测试,有难度,再复习一遍

http://www.esl-lab.com/dental/dentalrd1.htm

1. Listen to the conversation by pressing the "Play Audio" button and answer the questions. Press the "Final Score" button to check your quiz.

1. What is the man's initial reason for visiting the dentist?
A. He wanted to have a filling replaced.
B. He needed to have a tooth pulled.
C. He came in for a dental check up.

2. What problem does the dentist discover when she takes her first look in the man's mouth?
A. The man has discolored teeth.
B. The man has a chipped front tooth.
C. The man has a decayed back tooth.

3. When does the man feel discomfort?
A. when he chews on hard foods
B. when he eats hot foods
C. when he drinks something cold

4. What is one method of treatment the does the dentist NOT mention?
A. doing a root canal
B. putting a filling in
C. pulling the tooth
5. What does the dentist use to minimize the patient's pain during the procedure?
A. a local anesthetic
B. nitrous oxide
C. no medication is needed in this case

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: Daily ESL: 三个月粗通英语

Kitchen Cleaning:
Mopping Floors and Washing Dishes
One of the chores I dislike the most is cleaning the kitchen. On Saturdays, I usually do a thorough job of cleaning the entire kitchen. First of all, I clean all of the dishes, put them in the dish drainer to air dry, and then scrub out the kitchen sinks. (Because our dishwasher is broken, I have to do everything by hand.) After they are dry, I put the dishes away in the cupboard. Next, I clean off the stove top, wipe down the counter tops, and clean the walls. I also organize the cupboards to make sure we are stocked up on food. Once that is done, I put the kitchen chairs on the table, wipe down the legs, and then sweep the floor with a broom and a dustpan. After that, I mop the entire floor.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
捡来的一些短语,是不是一首歌词?

Busy Day 忙碌的一天
  Busy day at school today 今天上学可真够忙
  Maths in the morning 早晨上数学
  But not for me 而我却没有
  I was called away 我的心思去了远方
  Captain of a schooner me 成了一名威风凛凛的船长
  A pirate in scarlet and black 一个身着黑红衣衫的海盗
  A deep scar running down 一条深深的伤疤
  The side of my face 沿着我的脸侧挂下来
  A kiss from a shark! 那是鲨鱼之吻!

Science after maths 数学之后是自然科学
  But not for me 而我却没有
  I was called away 我的心思去了远方
  James Bond caught a bad cold 007 詹姆斯・邦德感冒了
  And I stepped in to save the planet 于是我代替他来拯救世界
  Worked out the gadgets and leapt off 配备最新式的武器
  Cliffs and skied down mountains 我从悬崖上跳下,从高山上滑下
  Before speeding off in my Aston Martin! 然后驾着我的阿斯顿・马丁疾驰而去!
  SATS tests to do 考了一回SATS
  But not for me 而我却没有
  I was the new number 9 for Liverpool 我成了利物浦队的9号新球员
  Making my debut playing up front with Owen 初次亮相便和欧文踢前锋
  With Gerrard and Murphy supplying 杰拉德和墨菲接应
  And with only seconds to go I SCORE! 还剩几秒钟的时候我射门得分!
  Houllier's Golden Boy but what's best 我是霍利尔的金童子,更棒的是
  The Kop sing my name, 利物浦队的球迷唱着我的名字,
  Local boy hero ... 球队小英雄… …

History all afternoon 一下午都是历史课
  But not for me 而我却没有
  I was called way 我的心思去了远方
  Gangster robbin' banks 我成了打劫银行的黑手党
  In me Italian suit well smart 意大利西装穿在身上多神气
  And no one messes with me 没人敢惹我
  Or they sleep with the dishes!否则我就拿他们去祭牙!   Or is it fishes? 还是喂鱼来着?

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Clothing: Getting Dressed in Fashion

Clothing: Getting Dressed in Fashion
Everyday, I try to dress for the occasion. If I'm going to visit friends, I generally dress casually. I wear jeans, and I might throw on a t-shirt. In the case of a date, I usually wear a nice dress shirt-, but nothing too formal. In the past, I made it a habit to dress up for work in a suit and a tie because it was important to give a good impression, but more people are dressing down in the workplace, and this is more accepted now. When I exercise, I generally wear some shorts and a shirt, and I put on comfortable shoes. Overall, I think new fashions are replacing traditional ones, but I also think we should also try to preserve typical traditional clothing. It's a part of our culture and heritage.