该死的英文, 总是让我有挫败感

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
是 Till the end of time. 可比end of your life 长多鸟。
应该肿么翻译?到时间终结的时刻?到时间长河流尽的辣一天,肿么样?

比较地道的中文应该是“直到永恒”或者“海枯石烂”吧?中国传统文化里好像莫有时间开始结束的观念?
中文用劫表示世界的开始和结束, 劫数终尽,万劫不复,

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
中文用劫表示世界的开始和结束, 劫数终尽,万劫不复,
这应该是佛教概念,蛋也仅仅是单位不同而已。简单地来说,东方(包括中国)的时间概念是无限的,莫开头,莫结尾。

犹太淫玩儿创世的概念,时间可以从创世的时刻开始。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
哪能是温水,天天烧你是为鸟天天要你疼痛难忍,but God really loves you.

如果你们稀饭上天主教学校的段子,你们也应该稀饭这个:
学学开头的这句: In the bullshit department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman.
hold a candle to 拿着蜡烛给照明
说起胡言乱语,商人连给神职淫员掌灯的资格都莫有,都不配。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
转贴

THE HOUSEKEEPER​

An elderly priest invited a young priest over for dinner. During the meal, the young priest couldn't help noticing how attractive and shapely the housekeeper was.

Over the course of the evening he started to wonder if there was more between the elderly priest and the housekeeper than met the eye.

Reading the young priest's thoughts, the elderly priest volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, my relationship with my housekeeper is purely professional.

About a week later the housekeeper came to the elderly priest and said, "Father, ever since the young Father came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose he took it do you?"

The priest said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write him a letter just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote:

"Dear Father, I'm not saying that you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take a gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here."

Several days later the elderly priest received a letter from the young priest which read:

"Dear Father, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with your housekeeper, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with your housekeeper. But the fact remains that if you were sleeping in your own bed, you would have found the gravy ladle by now."

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
学学开头的这句: In the bullshit department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman.
hold a candle to 拿着蜡烛给照明
说起胡言乱语,商人连给神职淫员掌灯的资格都莫有,都不配。
也就是说小巫见大巫,或用论坛语言是连提鞋都不配

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
转贴

THE HOUSEKEEPER​

An elderly priest invited a young priest over for dinner. During the meal, the young priest couldn't help noticing how attractive and shapely the housekeeper was.

Over the course of the evening he started to wonder if there was more between the elderly priest and the housekeeper than met the eye.

Reading the young priest's thoughts, the elderly priest volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, my relationship with my housekeeper is purely professional.

About a week later the housekeeper came to the elderly priest and said, "Father, ever since the young Father came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose he took it do you?"

The priest said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write him a letter just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote:

"Dear Father, I'm not saying that you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take a gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here."

Several days later the elderly priest received a letter from the young priest which read:

"Dear Father, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with your housekeeper, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with your housekeeper. But the fact remains that if you were sleeping in your own bed, you would have found the gravy ladle by now."
最后这句“But the fact remains that if you were sleeping in your own bed, you would have found the gravy ladle by now.” 字面的意思是“如果你是睡在自己的床上,你应该找到灰色的长勺了”,是不是有另外的意思?

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
最后这句“But the fact remains that if you were sleeping in your own bed, you would have found the gravy ladle by now.” 字面的意思是“如果你是睡在自己的床上,你应该找到灰色的长勺了”,是不是有另外的意思?
就说老头子睡女佣床上了

改一下:
小神父为了测试老神父是不是和女佣有染,把银质长勺藏在老神父床上,所以当老神父写信说找不到长勺时,小神父即刻知道老神父压根儿没睡自己床而是跟女佣鬼混,所以就有最后那句话。

最后编辑: 2019-02-19
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
就说老头子睡女佣床上了
俺多年之前听过这个笑话,不过不是发生在牧师之间的故事,而是发生在母女之间的故事。妈妈怀疑女儿和男室友上床鸟,蛋女儿矢口否认,妈妈奏想出这么一招来测试自己的猜想。:giggle::giggle::giggle:

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
"He has 10 things you can't do list, if you do one of them, he will sent you to a place, and torture you, burn you .... end of your life! But he Loves you!"
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
同样是这个Comedian,还有个视频把十诫改成一诫。
把十诫改成一诫
这个我看了,我没记错的话,Oldbei在这个贴里贴了视频。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
转贴

THE HOUSEKEEPER​

than met the eye
This is new for me.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
苏格兰更难懂。最近在看“Outlander”电视剧。里面几乎全是苏格兰语。即使是英文字幕,也是直接按照苏格兰语打出来的。我只记得几个在剧中经常听到的几个字,我把它们放在句子里,比较容易猜到意思。
“I ken what I am doing.” Ken in English?
“How is bairn?” Husband asked wife. Bairn in English?
“You’ll be fine, lass.” He told his daughter. Lass in English?
“Aye.” He said. 这个”Aye” 如果有看过英美海军的电影或电视剧,应该很容易知道是什么意思的。
上面两句如果没有我后面加的句子就很难猜到了。我是因为看电视剧,知道剧中人物的关系,才能猜到。
“Outlander” 在Netflix 里有,但最新的第四季还没有。

还有"vee",就是small的意思。我喜欢那种口音,虽然听不懂,挺好玩的。

为什么我觉得不是Vee,而应该是Wee 呢?