谢谢各位的回复和关注。
我打电话给BC housing, 得到答复是通过移民担保登录的PR人士,在担保期间没有资格申请廉租房。。。
各位都歇歇吧,都别回复无关的信息了。

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
好像在别的地方看到过,这个廉租房和担保期限没有关系

楼主是不是应该再多渠道确认一下,以免误事
What does it mean to sponsor parents and grandparents?
When you sponsor persons who are members of the family class, you must sign an undertaking with the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (or with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) if you live in Quebec).

The undertaking is a promise to provide financial support and basic requirements for the family members you are sponsoring.

Basic requirements are:

• food
  • clothing
  • utilities
  • personal requirements
  • shelter
  • fuel
  • household supplies
This also includes other health care not provided by public health, such as eye and dental care.

The undertaking ensures that these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. The length of undertaking for sponsorship of parents, grandparents and their accompanying dependents is 20 years.

Your obligations as a sponsor begin on the day the person you are sponsoring and, if applicable, their family members, become permanent residents of Canada. A change in circumstances (e.g., marital breakdown, separation, divorce, family rifts, unemployment, change in financial circumstances or death of the principal applicant in cases in which there are accompanying family members) does not nullify the undertaking; sponsors (and co- signers) remain obligated to provide basic requirements for the period of the undertaking.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
老人金肯定没有

记得好像在别的论坛专门有人讨论过廉租屋的问题,后来说是和担保期无关,建议楼主再确认一下
Q: My husband and I sponsored my parents in 1999 and his mother in 2001. All three of them lived with us for about a year prior to applying for permanent resident status. In our case, when did the sponsorship actually start? When the parents started to live with us (on visitor's visa), when we signed the undertaking or on the day they received permanent resident status? We are trying to figure out if and when will they be eligible for Old Age Security or a pension.

A:
Your sponsorship undertaking came into force the moment they took up permanent resident status in Canada, not when you applied to sponsor them. When you signed the 10-year sponsorship undertaking you agreed that your parents would not benefit from social assistance in Canada during the sponsorship period. But Old Age Security is not a form of social assistance. So if your parents are otherwise eligible for Old Age Security, they can apply.

If you are living in Canada, you must:

• be 65 years old or older
  • be a Canadian citizen or a legal resident at the time we approve your OAS pension application
  • have resided in Canada for at least 10 years since the age of 18

最大赞力
当前赞力
96.50%
看来至少要10年,谢谢信息
Q: My husband and I sponsored my parents in 1999 and his mother in 2001. All three of them lived with us for about a year prior to applying for permanent resident status. In our case, when did the sponsorship actually start? When the parents started to live with us (on visitor's visa), when we signed the undertaking or on the day they received permanent resident status? We are trying to figure out if and when will they be eligible for Old Age Security or a pension.

A: Your sponsorship undertaking came into force the moment they took up permanent resident status in Canada, not when you applied to sponsor them. When you signed the 10-year sponsorship undertaking you agreed that your parents would not benefit from social assistance in Canada during the sponsorship period. But Old Age Security is not a form of social assistance. So if your parents are otherwise eligible for Old Age Security, they can apply.

If you are living in Canada, you must:

be 65 years old or older
be a Canadian citizen or a legal resident at the time we approve your OAS pension application
have resided in Canada for at least 10 years since the age of 18